Skin Type- combination to oily
Sensitive Skin – No
I was super excited to spot such unique products and I just could not let of these. Etude House is such a cute brand with skincare and makeup that I felt lost initially but then I wanted to pick unique stuff and that is how I was lead to the Zero Sebum range. Considering the hot and humid climate of Malaysia I started using it there as a finishing powder and here are my thoughts on the same.
Price – Rs 550/- (approx.)
Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Cellulose, Mica, Silica, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Laureth-21, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Polyurethane-11, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides(Ci77491), Iron Oxides(Ci77499)
What it is:
• Made of mineral powder (80%) to dry oily and waxy sebum breakouts and below the surface efficiently.
1. Sebum control powder contained to remove unnecessary excess sebum efficiently.
2. 80% of Mineral Powder – soft, elastic, and in various shapes, contained to deliver clear and natural luminosity on face.
3. Wide micro superfine fiber puff helps powder applied clearly without smudge.
4. No talc, mineral oil, animal ingredient, artificial pigment, or aritificial scent to care skin softly.
More to know:
3-Step Sebum Control to deliver cushiony and non-greasy skin:
1. Sugar polymer from plankton removes excess sebum on skin clearly to keep skin cushiony and soft.
2. Cotton extract protect skin from the impact of stress from excess sebum and sebum breakouts.
3. Patent sebum control mix contained: fermented bean, willow, cinnamon, oregano, pine, portulaca oleracea, and gold to care sebum troubles.
How to apply:
After applying skincare or makeup, lightly dab onto sebum concentrated areas.
My Experience with Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder:
The packaging is super cute as expected. The cute tub comes with a sifter top and an applicator. The applicator is looks generic but is super smooth on the skin. It is small in size, so can be slipped in the beauty pouch for touch-up all day. I really miss the mirror inside which is a must for touch-up as it is a finishing product.
The texture of the powder is finely milled. It is not at all chalky or rough on the skin. It works better when patted on the skin instead of sweeping on the puff. The good thing is that it does control sebum without causing break out. I was apprehensive about this but thankfully I was spared the pain of handling breakouts.
It is not a long lasting product on its own but when paired with similar products as base (review coming up) it does stay for more than 4 hours at one go without any budging. After that I have to touch up on the areas that become oily. I really miss the mirror then but since it is a translucent powder you cannot really go wrong with it. Added pro is that, it doesn’t cake up; yay to that!
Pros of Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder:
Cons of Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder:
• No mirror in the packaging.
IMBB Rating – 4.25/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder?
Repurchase – I would have, but sadly no access to the brand.
Recommend – definitely yes for touch ups.
Silky Girl Pure Fresh Oil Control Pressed Powder
Dr. Reddy’s Acrofy Acne Lotion for Sebum Control
Etude House Face Conditioning Cream
Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil
Etude House Skin Note Calming Face Hydrogel Mask
Etude House Natural Sheet Mask Aloe
Etude House Fig Purifying Sheet Mask