Howdy Beautiful IMBBians!!!
During extreme winters of December, out of blue, skin around my mouth especially lower lips got irritated and covered with tiny red bumps. After Google search I found Aquaphor ointment can be used to alleviate this ailment. I bought it from my local Walgreens and used religiously. Read further to know more about it.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment protects dry, cracked or irritated skin to help enhance the natural healing process and restore smooth, healthy skin.
• Multi-purpose ointment helps heal raw, irritated skin caused by radiation treatments, facial resurfacing procedures and eczema
• Soothes and helps protect extremely dry, chapped or chafed skin and lips caused by winter weather or frequent hand washing
• Soothes and protects minor burns
• Fragrance-free, preservative-free, non-irritating, and ideal for sensitive skin
My Take on Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment:
I am not sure why I got this allergy around my lips but Aquaphor proved beneficial and reduced redness. But as the redness reduced, my skin became super dry and stretchy and it still is to certain extent but Aquaphor has been my knight in shining armor and salvaged my skin.
Packaging: Plastic tube packaging with twist up cap.
Texture: The look and feel is just like Vaseline petroleum jelly but is greasier and seals moisture better.
Efficiency: I rub this ointment around my mouth 4-5 times a day and it keeps the skin soft and hydrated. Best part is that it is non comedogenic and does not break out at all. The formula does not clog pores and this product can be used for multiple purposes; I use it in following manner:
• To remove eye makeup
• As an under eye cream; it reduces puffiness, stimulate eye lash growth, reduce dark circles
• For dry chapped lips
• For cracked heals
• For dry injured cuticles
• New tattoos and piercings
• On dry dark elbows or knees
• I even use it for facial massage
Wear time: Needs to be applied every few hours but less often than other lip products or Vaseline.
Conclusion: This product is a must have for all and is better than other lip balms which contain Vaseline or Beeswax. This product can also be used for any kind of rash or skin allergy and even on baby’s bottom in case of diaper rash.
Pros of Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment:
• This pack contains two travel size tubes.
• Gets easily absorbed in skin.
• Imparts instant moisture.
• Effect stays for a long time and need not be reapplied that often.
• Pocket friendly and one tube lasts for a long time.
• Awesome drug store replacement of higher end lip balms.
• Does not clog pores.
• Does not cause skin darkening or pigmentation.
Cons of the product Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment:
• None that I can think of.
Would I Repurchase Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment??
Oh yes, this is the second time I purchased it and will continue to buy it instead of wasting money on expensive lip balms or moisturizer.
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Eucerin Sun Spray SPF 50+
Eucerin Dermatoclean Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
My Favorite Body Care Essentials For Summers
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Differin Anti-Acne Gel (Adapalene)
My Struggle With Acne and Products That Worked
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
2 thoughts on “Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment Review”
wow looks super nourishing
OMG! It’s ssoooooo good! 🙂