There’s a lot of info on what to do while trying to lose weight, but there’s scattered data on what “not to do” while trying to shed extra pounds. Also, some people may do everything that they think should help with weight loss, but ultimately when there are no results, the final result just simply doesn’t feel worth the effort you had put in. If you are in such a situation, you should absolutely read this article to find out what things you should avoid doing to actually accelerate your dream weight, apart from finding what you should be doing exactly to lose weight by following the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app.
1. You Need to Stop Sipping up on Soft Drinks and Diet Sodas: There’s no place for soft drinks and beverages in your weight loss journey. Also, diet soda is no good either – there’s a huge misconception that diet soda is a healthier alternative to other fizzy drinks. The problem with diet soda is that some of them have artificial sweeteners like aspartame or saccharin to match up to the sweetness of refined sugar, but then it also has artificial color, flavour, and other additives which can raise inflammation in the body, triggering weight gain. Also, find out – to drink or not drink diet soda when trying to shed extra weight? Instead, if you replace a 200 ml bottle of soda with water daily, you can easily lose up to 12 kg in one year so – so simply avoid all soft drinks and aerated beverages.
2. Do Not Invest in Sauna Belts or Tummy Waist Training Corsets to Slim Down: Do not wear those heavily-advertised corsets and tummy tucker things in order to drop a few sizes. They just squeeze your body temporarily and compress the tummy, but as soon as the trainer comes off, the effect disappears. Rely only on Rati Beauty weight loss diets and an active lifestyle to slim down.
3. Do Not Replace Traditional Breakfast with Processed Food Such as Cereals, Muesli, etc.: Do not go for those easy breakfast fads – cornflakes, muesli, and other processed food, and replace traditional Indian meals with them. Starting the day with high sodium and sugary breakfasts with artificial ingredients and flavours can add loads of empty calories and given you a bloated belly, and make you sluggish for the rest of the day. It can also slow down metabolism. That’s why diets on the Rati Beauty weight loss programs encourage you to eat wholesome breakfast meals that help you lose inches as well as extra pounds.
4. Do Not Shop for Snacks at Grocery Stores: Stop adding snacks like potato chips, popcorn, cookies, candy, ice cream, cakes, French fries, and ready-to-eat items into your cart at grocery stores. The ingredients in these foods make you want to eat more and the companies who make these snack foods know you’ll stay addicted to them. Also, they are high in empty calories that lead to weight gain and we all know, how it’s impossible to stop at just one packet of these goodies.
5. Do Not Think Sugar-Free Snacks are Better Alternatives: Low-sugar ice creams and sweets are no good than stuff made with refined sugar. Artificial sweeteners in certain sugar-free versions can do more harm than good. If you do have a sugar tooth, find healthy alternatives on the Rati Beauty app for weight loss.
6. Do not go empty stomach whenever you are going out: So, you have plans to catch up on late night movies or window shopping through malls when everything gets back to normal in a few days. However, do not go out with an empty tummy because you might otherwise find high-calorie junk food highly irresistible. So, always fill your tummy up when you leave home to avoid binging on junk food.
7. Do Not Swap Healthy Fats with Fat-Free Versions: Let me tell you first why fat is essential for our body. Natural fats which can be obtained from full fat milk, Cow Ghee, Nuts, Avocados, Fish, Olive oil, etc. are extremely essential to help keep the body full and satisfied for a longer time and hence it keeps a check on food cravings. It is also highly beneficial in keeping our metabolism high and helps our brain function better. Fat-free foods that are usually available in the market are highly processed and have loads of sugar to make up for the lack of good fats.
8. Do Not Swap Packaged Fruit Juices with Fruits: We would even go the extent of advising against juicing out fresh fruits and consume whole fruits instead because with juicing you tend to lose precious fiber. Packaged fruit juices which claim to contain 100% natural juice are not completely healthy because they do have added preservatives and sugar content to prevent them from spoiling.
9. Having a Negative Body Image: A negative body image can completely ruin your weight loss goals because it can get you off the weight loss wagon. Body image is the impression a person has about his/her appearance and how they feel about their body, and this feeling can be either positive or negative. Someone with a negative body image often see themselves as fat even though they may have completely normal body mass index and body fat percentage. Staying motivated during the whole dieting and weight loss process is important. Do read about some amazing tips on “how to stay motivated during the weight loss process.”