WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Exfoliation of skin is now an age old story and there is hardly anyone here who is not aware of it. With thousands of facial scrubs, body scrubs, hand scrubs and foot scrubs available in the market, exfoliation of skin is now being recognized as a significant part of the beauty regimen. Just like your skin needs to be exfoliated, your scalp too needs exfoliation! Wondering how to exfoliate your scalp? Here is a post that will make you aware of every aspect regarding exfoliation of scalp.
Why Scalp Exfoliation?
Before we can discuss steps on how to exfoliate scalp, it is important to know why scalp exfoliation is needed at all! Here are the top reasons:
- It helps to remove dead cells.
- It helps to relieve itchy scalp and flaking of scalp.
- It prevents premature hair loss.
- It helps to remove build up on the scalp and prevent clogging of hair follicles.
- It helps to treat scalp acnes, scalp pimples and white heads.
How To Exfoliate Scalp At Home: The Steps
It is extremely easy to exfoliate the scalp. Here are the steps to follow:
- Exfoliation of scalp at the time of shampoo: Cleansing is an important part of exfoliation and hence, the shampooing! Just mix a spoon of brown sugar to your shampoo and then, apply it gently in circular motions on your scalp. Do this for about four to five minutes. Be patient while your wash your hair. Rinse thoroughly.
- Exfoliation of scalp at the time of conditioning: Just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for hair and a spoon of sugar to your conditioner. Apply the mixture and exfoliate the scalp gently in circular motions for 5 minutes with the help of the tips of your fingers. Wash it off thoroughly. Use a vinegar rinse or lemon rinse after that.
How To Exfoliate Scalp At Home: Homemade Recipes
Scalp exfoliation recipes are easy to prepare. Apart from exfoliation while shampooing and conditioning, you can also choose to exfoliate scalp separately. Here are a few recipe ideas you can opt for:
- Brown sugar -coconut oil scrub: Mix 3 spoons of sugar with coconut oil (2 spoons). Add a few drops of essential oils like tea tree, jasmine and lavender. Apply and massage your scalp for sometime. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Honey – sugar scrub: Mix half cup honey with one cup of sugar granules. Add a few drops of white vinegar. Apply on scalp and massage gently. Cover your head with a shower cap and sit for sometime. Wash off.
- Olive oil – egg scrub: Mix an egg with 2 spoons of olive oil. Add a spoon of vinegar and another spoon of powdered fenugreek seeds. Massage your scalp and wait for about 30 minutes. Wash off.
How To Exfoliate Scalp At Home: Other Tips
- Massaging your hair with apple cider vinegar also works wonders. It is extremely simple yet very effective.
- Avoid over-massaging your hair and scalp. This might lead to hair fall due to environmental stress.
- Be gentle while you massage your scalp.
- If you use hair gels, hair mousses and other hair styling products, scalp exfoliation is all the more necessary for you. Make sure that you exfoliate your scalp once every week.
- When it comes to scalp exfoliation, experimenting is the key word! Experiment with ingredients that suit you best. You can use ingredients like aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, oatmeal, brown sugar, yoghurt, lemon juice, onion juice, thyme and sage. They are good for the health of your hair. Just make sure that you add some granulated stuff like oatmeal or brown sugar to do proper exfoliation.
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Hair Color: More on Hair Coloring
Sunsilk Hair Fall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Rose Water for Hair Care
8 Quick Hair Care Tips
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
My Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Hair Care Tips for Color-Treated Hair
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
6 Steps to a Happy Head