Hello lovely ladies!
Summers have always been a curse for my skin and this summer was no exception. For all these years derma prescriptions have worked well for me but this time I became resistant to all those antibiotics and clindamycin! So I threw away all those prescription drugs and made up my own skincare regime (and its working like a miracle for me!) Since tea tree oil has marked its strong presence in the acne arena I had to incorporate it! I had my eyes on TBS but Shivani S has given a thumbs down to it on IMBB so I settled down with fab india. Let’s find out whether it’s worth a try?
Price: Rs 245 for 10ml
Packaging: The oil comes in a 10ml deep blue glass bottle with screw cap. I appreciate the dropper system provided which makes it quite convenient because essential oils are something you use in exact quantities.
My take on Fab India Tea Tree Essential Oil:
I usually buy skin care products after a lot of online research, but tea tree oil is something which had mixed reviews. Some people raved about its efficacy, some called it bathroom shelf antiseptic equal to savlon, and a few of them even had side effects! Still I decided to take the plunge. I gathered all the relevant information and came up with the conclusion to use it as a night treatment.
For first week I used just 2 drops of it for my entire face and followed with night cream. From 2nd week onwards I used 1 drop each as a spot treatment on my active acne and mixed 2-3 drops in my night cream. I also mixed 1-2 drops of it in my face pack everyday. The oil started showing its effect quite early on me! There was a noticeable reduction in acne size and they dried up within 2-3 days without leaving behind any scar. Though it does nothing to already existing acne scars. Within a month it almost dried up all my puss filled pimples. I won’t say this was the sole torch bearer for my acne…. But yes it did play an important role!
The bottle also mentions it to use for dandruff and nasal congestion. I haven’t tried it on my scalp yet but I did use it in my steamer twice to relieve congestion. And it worked just the way vicks works…. So no brownie points for that except that it made me shed more tears than vicks does!
Few words of caution before you use tea tree oil be it from any brand-
• The bottle clearly says ‘use sparingly’ and please do follow that! I used 4 drops for the first time and it burnt like hell! My cheeks were on fire and eyes were watering like anything! I would suggest to start with just 1-2 drops, let your skin and eyes adapt to it and then gradually increase the quantity.
• Avoid your eye area! Totally!
• It smells terrible! I won’t say offensive but it’s very strong!
• Always do a patch test before applying directly to your face.
Pros of Fab India Tea Tree Essential Oil:
• Extremely effective for drying out active acne
• The dried out acne does not leave behind scars
• Multiple uses (use it as a night serum, mix it in your day moisturizer, face packs, for chest congestion, dandruff relief)
• It may be an ‘oil’ but it’s not at all ‘oily’ (you need to follow up with a moisturiser)
• A little goes a long way!
Cons of Fab India Tea Tree Essential Oil:
• Does nothing for old acne scars
• It burns in the initial few uses (your skin and eyes need time to adapt to it)
• Strong smell
• Unavailability! It’s not available online and most of the times out of stock in stores
Do I recommend? I strongly recommend to give this one a try on your cystic acne. It has worked well for me!
Will I buy it again? Definitely! I am almost done with my second bottle and the hunt for third bottle is on. If anybody finds it in any of the fab india delhi stores please do share.
Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack
Fabindia Neem Tulsi Mud Pack
Fabindia Body Spray Silver Lining
Fabindia Orange Cinnamon Face and Body Gel Scrub
Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin
Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash
Aryanveda Tea Tree Face Wash
The Fab India TEA TREE Face Wash
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
Lush Tea Tree Water
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Exfoliating Pads
The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash
Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil Review and Uses
Ayur Exfoliating Lemon and Honey Face Gel with Tea Tree Oil