WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Fabindia Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter Review
This is my first product from Fabindia. :yahoo: I wanted to start with something small, so I picked up this tiny cute jar of lip butter.
Now since this was an impulse buy, I didn’t look up on the product before, but now that I think of it, that was a good thing, since otherwise, I would have never got to know this amazing product! Read on:
Now, if you’re wondering what a lip butter is, it is kind of like the difference between ordinary body lotion and body butters.
Body lotion = Lip balm.
Body butter = Lip butter.
So, lip butters are generally thicker and more moisturizing than ordinary lip balms. When I went to Fabindia the day I bought this, there were only two variants in stock – this one and the dew plum one. The latter was green and if I wanted to use a thick layer, I was afraid it would show on my lips. 😛 Also, I love a nice vanilla-smelling product. Thus, I ended up buying this one.
This lip butter is thick and kind of waxy. It is not light, but then it is a lip butter!
It moisturizes my lips very well. My lips are not chapped, nor really dry. I think it will work well to soften even chapped lips. However, note that it doesn’t entirely sink in. It does sink in a bit, though, so in that way it is good. It sinks in and soften the lips, and also provides a layer on top to let that moisture stay in there.
Base for Lipstick:
Not recommended. Your lipstick cannot stay over this product.
Over Matte Lipstick:
It does work as a top coat over matte lipstick. It doesn’t look OTT, as it isn’t very shiny, and looks just right.
Rs. 75 for 10 grams.
Cocoa butter, lanolin anhydrous, wheatgerm oil, cetyl alcohol, castor oil, emulsifying wax, microcrystalline wax, sorbitan olivate, caprilic capric triglyceride, sesame oil, vegetable squalene, beeswax, kokum butter, olive wax, tocopheryl acetate, fruity vanilla essence, propyl paraben, butylated hydroxyl toluene.
Earlier, they used to show only the ‘key’ ingredients, but now they display all of them, which is a good thing.
Pros of Fabindia Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter:
• Inexpensive. You get 10 grams for just Rs. 75.
• It moisturizes very well. Good for intensely dry lips as well.
• It doesn’t bleed, that is, it doesn’t spread. Once you apply, it stays on your lips and doesn’t travel all over.
• Easy to carry about. It will fit in any handbag or pocket.
• You can get each and every bit of product out of the tub without wasting any.
• It has good staying power. Without eating or drinking, it stayed on my lips for about four hours.
• Works well as an overnight treatment. I slather this on at night at bedtime, and in the morning, it is still there! Plus my lips feel so smooth and nice 🙂
• The tiny jar is intensely cute! The lid is very pretty and it is very eye catching. It is very easy to spot the flavors if you have many of them because of the different colors per flavor.
• It glides on like a dream.
• Not sticky on the lips at all; however, is kind of waxy.
• It feels wonderful on the lips, very smooth and slightly waxy, but I don’t really mind that; however, if you like light-textured lip products, you may dislike the feel of this.
• It is not pigmented, so it will not alter the color of your lipstick if you decide to use it over it.
Cons of Fabindia Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter:
• You do need to exert a bit of pressure to get it out of the pot in winters; however, application will still be very smooth (due to body heat).
• Hygiene woes. Plus you’ll need to carry a lip brush if you need to use it when you’re out and about.
• The smell was a huge disappointment. I bought this because it said “vanilla,” and I was expecting a delightful vanilla bean smell. What I got instead was a cheap-scented-candle-wax smell, a cheap vanilla-scented candle, not very satisfying (considering what I initially expected), but now that I’ve got used to it, it isn’t bad at all.
• The butter itself doesn’t have any taste, but if a bit of it gets in your mouth when you eat or drink, the weird candle-vanilla thing in your mouth is slightly disturbing, until you get used to it.
This is how it looks on my lips. As you can see, absolutely no color, just smooth, soft lips.
Now for some random pointers:
1. Use a good amount. Don’t just run your finger lightly on the surface and use that tiny amount for your lips. If you use a proper amount, it is not at all drying, but is very smooth and conditioning! Again, this could be some difference in the variants (dew plum and vanilla).
2. Initially, eating or drinking something with this on was kind of unsettling. Don’t worry about the normal tiny bit that might get into your mouth as you wear it. That will not have any such effect. I guess it is the food that brushes against your lips that actually picks up the amount needed to make you feel so. Also, this was only an initial effect. Now, (after a few weeks of usage), I can quite comfortably eat and drink with this on. It was just a matter of getting used to the candle-wax smell.
3. This is not hard to get out of the pot. However, in winters, it might be. I tried putting this in the refrigerator to check that out, and yes, it did need slight pressure to get it out of the pot, but not so much that it can be considered heavy exertion! 😀
Very conditioning lip butter, do try this one, but remember to actually put a layer on, and not just a tiny speck over the whole of your lips. Not a thick layer, but a layer nevertheless. I love this lip butter so much, and will try other variants once this is over. Maybe I’ll go for the dew plum next!
Fabindia Vitamin E Liquorice Gel Face Pack
FabIndia Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel
Fabindia Skin Care Haul
Fabindia Sesame Hair Oil
The Fabindia TEA TREE Face Wash
Fabindia Tea Tree Skin Toner
Fabindia Orange Cinnamon Face and Body Gel Scrub
Fabindia Citrus Lemon Body Wash
Fabindia Vitamin E De Pigmentation Cream
FabIndia Sandalwood Radiance Pack
Fabindia Dew Plum Lip Butter
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Eva Glee Peppy Fruity All Day Long Freshness Deo
Maybelline Fruity Jelly Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
Cute Fruity Nail Art Tutorial
Maybelline Fruity Jelly Lip Gloss Crazy for Caramel
TBS Raspberry Lip Balm Vs Lotus Vanilla Lip Balm
Lush Vanilla Dee-lite vs The Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion
Lotus Herbals Vanilla Lip Therapy
Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Pocketbac Sanitizing Hand Gel
MAC Vanilla Pigment Review, Swatch, EOTD
Marks and Spencer African Shea Nut Lip Butter
The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
L’Occitane Tinted Shea Butter Lip Balm – Blackberry- Wild Rose