Fabindia Herbal Foot Heel Balm
I am more of a “hands and feet” person than a “face” person. In other words, I pay more attention to my hands and feet (and therefore end up spending more money on them also:p) than my face. The Fabindia Avocado Foot Cream has been my bedside companion for over two years now. I do keep on trying a few other foot creams at regular intervals but always end up giving away most of those to friends and relatives after one or two applications :p Since the Fabindia foot cream is a staple in my foot care routine, I decided to try their heel balm. Unfortunately, the results weren’t satisfactory but I am still glad that I tried another foot product in the market :p Here is my experience with this Heel Balm.
What it claims: Heel Balm is an Ayurvedic formula that softens and repairs cracked, damaged feet.
Price and Weight: Rs. 90 for 25 gms
Shelf Life: 1 year six months from the date of manufacture
Key Ingredients: Each 100 gm contains-Beeswax 12.5 gms, Neem oil 6.00 gm, Kapoor 5.00 gm, Vitamin E Acetate 2.00 gm, Anti – oxidant 0.025 gm, Refined mustard oil.
Direction for use: Rub liberally on cracked heels. For best results wear socks after application and keep overnight.
The Good about Fabindia Herbal Foot Heal Balm
- It works miracles on super tired feet. On days when I have indulged in more than my fair share of walking (mostly at malls :p), I rub this in at night and it provides almost instant relief and soothes my feet.
- Even though the texture is thick and Vaseline like, it does get absorbed very soon.
- Easy to carry on journeys. The cap and the container are pretty sturdy and manage well even when jostled around a bit in suitcases and bags.
- I have noticed that it is very effective as a nail and cuticle cream. In fact, more effective as a nail cream rather than a heel balm ! But who would want their nails to smell of vicks vaporub?! :p
- Fabindia is against animal testing so all animal lovers can rejoice!
The Bad about Fabindia Herbal Foot Heal Balm
- It is not effective for heeling cracked feet. I do not suffer from cracked feet but in winters my heels do get a bit parched and shrivel up. It does not cure this and neither does it cure my mother’s round-the year- cracked-feet.
- The smell is too strong for my liking. It is almost a cross between Vicks vaporub and eucalyptus oil both of which I detest :p It so reminds me of my cough-cold-sick-in-school days :((
- The quantity is nothing! If you use it regularly (which anybody with cracked heels obviously will) this gets over within a few days and does not last even a few weeks. I can use it only occasionally (on tired feet) and not very frequently.
- I usually leave it overnight with my socks on but still whenever I put my bare feet on my slippers it feels sticky to the extent that my footsteps make a horrible bumpy noise :((
- The texture is neither creamy nor buttery. It more or less resembles Vaseline in its waxlike texture and consistency. I prefer the former over the latter for my feet.
- It sits as a thin, super shiny oily mask on my feet. I prefer rich, thick creams on my feet for overnight use.
Rating: :-* :-* + 0.5
Verdict: If you have already found your HG foot cream or foot balm for dry or cracked feet, give this a miss. But if your feet get tired very soon and very easily I recommend you buy this heel balm.
Would you purchase again? : No
Have you used Fabindia Foot heal Balm? Please rate in the box below.
- Jovees Foot Care 2 in 1 Review
- Oriflame Soothing Foot Cream with Chamomile Review
- Avon Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Soothing Foot Soak Review
- Oriflame Eucalyptus Exfoliating Foot Scrub Review
- The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector Review
37 thoughts on “Fabindia Herbal Foot Heel Balm Review”
It’s always you who asks me :shutmouth: questions. Today is my turn . Natsha, natasha, how many foot creams do you own? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Morning, Scarlett. :))
:yelo: :yelo: :yelo: i own a fabindia heel balm which sucks big time and is green in color like their lip butter! :violinbash: i owned an oriflame foot cream(very average) which i donated to my aunt. and this tbs foot cream and fabindia avocado foot cream- that’s all ratidoo :dance: :dance: :dance:
u thought of silver eye pencil at night? :toothygrin:
he he bt I thought of silvery grey, which is almost like silver. I’ll try to do a look either today or tomorrow. :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
ratidoo, i also have dr scholl foot cream :toothygrin: i forgot to add :toothygrin: it is also very very good if u have severe cracks n n feet in total auntyjee type condition :toothygrin: :yelo:
why scooby, u want tuitions? :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
lolno sorry scooby. this paper is part of the current M.a syllabi of delhi univ. i passed out just ine year before thye revised the course so me ended up studying very regular old things :((
:island: :island: :island: nice review Natasha! That ghee like consistency is something I always avoid.. :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble:
why cali, ghee toh is recommended by daadi and naani also. you should not avoid it :yelo: :yelo: :yelo:
btw jomol is still answering queries on “how to get pregnant” 😐
thanks cali, long time how are u? ghee like :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
btw cali my mom is very intersted in knowing about that trimmer u were speaking so highly of the other day. does it not make hair growth around upper lips harder/rougher/denser/quicker? she asked all this not me:toothygrin:
Heyyyyyy…Rati…I dont like ghee at allllllllllllll……not even for eating purpose!! 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐
and yeah Natasha, that product is quite good..Donno how it works, but I never faced any hair hardening stuffs over my upper lips and eyebrows. In fact, I feel that the hair growth has reduced a lot, since I’ve started using this product. My eyebrows require trimming once in month and my upper lip too just after 20-25 days!!…. I give five stars and even more to the product!! 😛 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
you do eyebrows with a trimmer :tremble: :tremble: :tremble:
yupp!! :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: I dont need much work on eyebrows actually..I am amongst those souls who are blessed with normally shaped eyebrows naturally!! O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) ..so I just need to do a little bit of here and there!!
No what I meant was that it is quite easy to go wrong with the shape of your brows na if you do it with a trimmer..or may be i just feel so since i have never done myself. Bt that’s really an awesome product. :waytogo: :waytogo:
thanks for the info cali. though i am just a bit scared to use it above my eyes on the eyebrows 😐 but yeah good for moustache :yelo: :toothygrin:
moustache !! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
:toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Hey Natasha….good review….I want to give this to my mom who gets super tired by the end of the day doing all the work around the house :toothygrin:
thats so cute of u jomol :-*
thanks Natasha………… O:) …..you didnt even say I was “good” :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:
i did not say anything more since i saw u were too busy answering queries on ” how to get pregnant” :toothygrin: what will your mom think when u tell her what all u teach ppl? :tongue: :tongue: :yelo: :yelo:
I dont like this cream … I used a whole tub of it .. useless for cracks, bad bad in the cold cold winter … and when I put it on my tired feet the camphor makes them tingle soo much that i cant sleep only afterwards … I have to leave this on for an hour let the tingling subside and then sleep ….. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
the only plus point is that its cheap …
:pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain:
Jdoo, me too hate it so much and don’t know wha tto do with the whole dibbi now :((
but it gives me no tingles :toothygrin:
grrrr i used it all up .. just used a lot of it for 2 – 3 weeks and dabba over :toothygrin: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Jdoo is so shmaaaaaaaart :toothygrin: thanks for sharing that Jdoo :yelo: :tongue:
u have so many foot creams natasha… :waytogo: :waytogo:
m so lazy at that !!
:toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: