WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin
Lately the weather in Bangalore has been swinging from hot and dry to cool and humid. Depending on the weather, I use either a light or a heavy moisturizer for my face. There are two creams that I’ve been using in the evenings: Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin and Lakme Strawberry Crème.
First up for review is Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin. The jar label describes this cream as “An extremely light, moisture whipped cream loaded with age controlling cellular extracts and Vitamin E. It nourishes the skin and protects it against moisture loss.” Key ingredients listed on there are Water, Aloe Vera Extract, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Extract, Lactic Acid and Vitamin E Acetate. It is a light pink coloured lightweight cream that is almost like a serum in a jar. The jar itself is of transparent plastic and covered with a label around it. The intense fragrance of this cream can be described as as mix between plum and strawberry. It is a very sweet, fruity smell that remains on the skin for quite some time.
Even though the cream is meant to be used on hands and body, I found it too lightweight for using it anywhere except on the face. When used on hands or body, the cream disappears without a trace of moisture left on the skin. But it works wonderfully as a light cream for the face. I have neither oily nor dry (probably normal in terms of oiliness) facial skin that is prone to breaking out. My body skin is normal to oily. Pros of Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin:
- This cream has not broken me out at all even though it contains jojoba oil and some mysterious non-key ingredients not mentioned on the pack.
- It does not cause my skin to turn oily even hours after application.
- Since it is very lightweight, it does not cause puffy eyes even if it is applied close to the eye area at night. In fact, this cream is so light that I’ve at times used it as an eye cream. It didn’t irritate my extremely sensitive eyes.
- A 100 ml of this cream costs Rs. 175, which, if this cream is used as a facial cream, is pretty decent.
- The quantity is good, so it can be used generously.
- I like the ingredients. Vitamin E, jojoba oil, aloe vera, grapeseed extract and lactic acid are known to be beneficial to the skin.
Cons of Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin:
- It is more suitable for use on the face rather than on the body. This would have been helpful if the jar mentioned it. Also, there is no mention of why if at all the cream is not suitable for use on the face. I’ve been using it for nearly 2 months on my face and my skin is just fine.
- The quality of the plastic jar is not good. The lid usually sits a bit titled on the container unless you screw it on meticulously.
- The packaging does not list all the ingredients of this cream.
- The jojoba oil content in the cream may make skin your feel oilier if your skin is quite oily to begin with.
- It does not contain an SPF. This may or may not be a drawback depending on when and how you use it. I use it at night whenever I want something light instead of my thick night cream (Pond’s Age Miracle Overnight Dream).
Product Rating: :star: :star::star:
Lakme Strawberry Crème
The Lakme Strawberry Crème describes itself as “A rich, soft cream that is absorbed quickly into your skin leaving it silky, soft and fragrant. A combination of real strawberry extracts and active moisture balancers ensure the optimal level of moisture for your skin. It is fortified with UV filters to protect against skin damaging elements.” It claims to be suitable for all skin types. It is a light mauve coloured cream that comes in a glass jar of the same colour. It has an intense strawberry smell mixed with a sweet ‘face cream’ smell. Among tons of tongue twister ingredients, sunflower seed oil and strawberry extract stand out : Aqua, Sorbitol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Coploymoer and Isohexadecane and Polysorbate, Cetyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Perfume, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol and Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Butylated Hydroxy Toluene, Disodium EDTA, Red 33, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben. Phew! Pros of Lakme Strawberry Crème:
- This cream does not break out my skin unless I apply too much of it.
- Even though the cream is thick, it is very soft and easy to scoop out.
- It spreads easily and absorbs quickly leaving a matte finish on the face.
- The cream smells really good if you are into sweet, fruity smells. It is a “feel good” cream. The strawberry scent is an instant pick-me-up.
- It moisturizes the skin well, so it can be used as a rich night cream.
- A little goes a long way.
Cons of Lakme Strawberry Crème:
- It is a moisturizing cream and just that. So if you want more from your moisturizer such as high sun protection, anti-aging or even skin tone, you will find this cream lacking on those grounds.
- Users with oily skin may find it too heavy.
- Since it is a thick cream, you can’t shake off the feeling that you have worn something on your face. It won’t disappear into the skin completely.
- The packaging and the cream are dusty mauve. With strawberries being a rich pink colour, it defies logic as to why the makers chose such a pale colour for the contents and packaging.
- There is inadequate information on the packaging about the UV filters present in the cream.
Product Rating: :star: :star::star:
Have you used Fabindia Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream for Oily Skin or Lakme Strawberry Crème?