Irrespective of what age you are, you as a woman are always in love with putting makeup in order to look flawlessly beautiful. While a young skin is naturally fresh and less faulty, skin starts to show the signs of aging as our age starts to increase. Hence, makeup is much needed for camouflaging the spots and wrinkles, fine lines and crows feet among the older women.
Makeup is not meant to make you look twenty years younger! Of course no makeup brand can ever do that no matter how much they claim. Makeup is meant to help you look at your best even while your skin starts getting old so that, you can age gracefully! Now, this is yet another of my research articles, I have written keeping the age-factor in mind. Of course, you must have guessed it by now and in case you haven’t, let me declare that in this article I have highlighted on the best face makeup for older women.
As I have already said, this is my research article and I have ransacked the length and breadth of the virtual world to come up with the best makeup ideas that older women can lay their hands on!
Best Face Makeup for Older Women Five Tips While You Choose Your Makeup
1. Avoid face powder or powder-based facial makeup products; it tends to make your skin look lifeless. With age, the natural glow is already lost and powder gives a flat appearance. Moreover, post-menopausal women develop facial hairs and powder makes these hairs clearly visible. While you avoid the powder on face, it is to be remembered that an eye-shadow can be a powder and you can use it without any inhibition. Stay away from glittery shades though.
2. Avoid foundations which promise you a shimmery look with embedded ‘light reflecting’ particles! The fact is that, they tend to make the signs of aging more obvious; hence avoid too much of shimmer in your foundation. A tinted moisturizer or a foundation with a moisturizing cream base is a great idea! Pick a foundation which offers full coverage; this will help to hide pigmentation.
3. If you want your cheeks to look naturally pink and healthy, go for a cream blusher. This will give a dewy appearance.
4. Do not invest in a lipstick of dark shade. Lips start to thin out with age. Dark lipsticks do not look good on thinning lips. Go for lipstick shades that are close to natural colors.
5. Instead of liquid eyeliners, invest in a pencil liner. Pencil liners are softer and better when used on maturing women.
Best Face Makeup For Older Women: Five Application Tips
1. Always use a primer before makeup so that your skin tone looks even.
2. Use a concealer so that you can hide all the dark spots and blemishes. Go for neutral shades of concealer.
3. While using a concealer under your eyes, the inner corner of eye to the middle-point must be patted dry.
4. A highlighter can be used immediately under your browbone and tis will make your eyes look bigger.
5. You must never put mascara on the lower eyelashes.
Top Makeup Products for Older Women:
Some of the best picks, when it comes to face makeup for mature women are:
• Elizabeth Arden Intervene Makeup SPF 15, which is known to be available in twelve shades and is good when the fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear initially.
• Lancome Absolue BX Makeup SPF 18, which is a soft foundation that helps with aging.
• Dior AirFlash Spray Foundation, available in five grand shades, is known to lessen fine lines and wrinkles and cover skin issues to give a perfect finish.
• L’Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute, which is available in twelve shades for different skin types, that offers wonderful coverage and promises brighter, smoother and firmer skin by reversing signs of aging.
• Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme Foundation, available in various shades and known to protect and lift the maturing skin to make it look perfect.
• Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup, a cream foundation, available in twelve shades to improve skin by firming it.
• Estee Lauder Estée Lauder Signature Satin Creme Blush which is soft and creamy to give your skin a healthy glow.
• L’Oréal Touche Magique under-eye concealer which helps to hide under eye lines and wrinkles.
• MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer, which has a creamy base and offers adequate coverage for dark circles and blemishes.
P.S.: I would just like to add that this article contains only a few makeup tips and tricks and only a few big names in the context of face makeup for older women. There are many other tips and brands which I have failed to put in this article due to time and space constraints.
Eyes: Eye Makeup for Older Women
Makeup Tutorial for Mature Women
Eyes: Eye Makeup for Older Women
Mineral Makeup For Mature Skin
Dressing Tips for Older Women
How to Restore Youthful Skin and Hair Shine
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
How to Contour Face with Makeup
Makeup for Indian Skin Tone
How to Cure Puffy Eyes
Eye Makeup for Eye Shape and Color
Be A Smart Makeup Addict – Top 10 Tips and Tricks
How to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger