I have been thoroughly enjoying using Hemish balm to remove my face makeup. I decided to diversify and invest in cleansing balms and creams from other brands. I bought a couple of cleansers as part of my Korean skin care haul and this review is on The Face Shop Herb Day Green Tea Cleansing Cream. I love wearing makeup but removing it is definitely not that fun. It is messy, takes a while to get all the gunk off and above of all, most makeup removers leave some residue behind, especially waterproof eye makeup is hard to remove even with high-end makeup removers. But apparently, cleansing creams have eliminated this ordeal by making makeup removing process much simpler and easier.
How To Use:
1. Take an appropriate amount and spread over your face as if to massage your face. 2. You don’t need to wipe it with tissue. 3. Wash your face with warm water using cleansing foam.
My Experience with The Face Shop Herb Day Green Tea Cleansing Cream:
I was really fascinated by Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm because it made the process of removing makeup so much easier, but since it is on the pricier side, I settle for more affordable yet equally good dupes. I enjoyed Heimish cleansing balm and had similar expectations from the product in this review; however, I forgot that there is a difference between a cream and a balm and hence a cleansing cream can never be a dupe of a balm.
The Face Shop cleansing cream comes in a very sturdy and pretty white tub with a lid on top and an extra protection cover inside. The main ingredients of this cream are heavy oils, and that worried with a little because most oils give me terrible acne, but I reasoned that a skin care company must be aware of comedogenic properties of oils and would have somehow figured out how to tackle that.
This cleansing cream’s consistency is like that of a cold cream which, when rubbed between the fingers, turns into an emollient, which helps in makeup removal. A small pea-sized amount is enough for one-time use and can easily remove most of face makeup except eye makeup and liquid lipsticks. I tried to remove my eye makeup with it, but it badly irritated my eyes, which made me realize that it is not meant to take off eye makeup, but this should have been mentioned on the packaging or the description, since eye makeup removal is such a crucial part of makeup removal process. Once I realized that, I did put it to good use as a face massage cream/cleansing cream. It did manage to remove my face makeup quite well although not as good as Heimish balm. The performance of this product can be achieved by a heavy cold cream as well and that’s why you can skip purchasing it.
Pros of The Face Shop Herb Day Green Tea Cleansing Cream:
- It is half the price of most cleansing balms, an affordable option.
- It removes face makeup well, except eye makeup and liquid lipstick.
- It does not cause acne even though it has heavy oils as its ingredients.
- The packaging is very pretty, looks expensive and has a secure lid which makes it travel friendly.
- It has a very subtle fragrance, which is common for massage creams.
- It can also be doubled up as a massage cream but I would recommend wiping it off after the massage.
Cons of The Face Shop Herb Day Green Tea Cleansing Cream:
- Availability can be an issue for some, but some Korean websites do ship to India as well.
- It is not meant for eye makeup removal and is suitable only to remove face makeup.
- This cleansing cream can be substituted by a cold cream and hence there is nothing unique about it.
Although it is not as great as a cleansing balm and will certainly not act as a dupe for one, I do not regret buying it because I use it as a massage cream. I do have to use a good eye makeup remover along with this cleansing cream to take off my eye makeup.
The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam
The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Cleansing Foam
The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Mung Beans Cleansing Foam
The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Water
Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water
Sephora Collection Exfoliating Cleansing Cream Green Tea
The Face Shop Green Tea Cleansing Foam
Natio Gentle Cleansing Wipes with Green Tea and Chamomile
Kryolan Cleansing Cream
Uriage Crème Lavante Nourishing and Cleansing Cream
Nivea Cream Care Cleansing Milk