Skin Tone – Fair to medium
We all need a simple compact in our lives for those days when we don’t feel like doing a lot of makeup! But yet we need a little coverage on the face just to make the skin look fresh and bright. Faces recently launched this beauty compact for daily use, so I picked it up to try and see how it works!
Price: Rs 175/-
Product Description by Faces:
A flawless finish is just a swipe away! Use Faces Beauty Compact to even out your skin tone and look beautiful.
• This mattifying powder keeps your face shine free.
• Enriched with oil absorbing ingredients it absorbs excess oil and keeps your skin matte.
• It blends easily with your skin and the matte look lasts for long time.
• This beauty compact provides sheer coverage.
• You can also use it on the top of foundation for additional coverage.
• Finely milled powder prevents cakey look
• Faces Beauty Compact is a great addition to your beauty kit.
My Experience with Faces Beauty Compact 01 Pearl:
Packaging: Although the compact is very cost-friendly, I am happy that they did not compromise on the packaging. The compact comes in a black and white card-board box with a circular pan inside it. The compact pan comes in black colour which looks very basic yet decent. The lid opens up completely and is not attached to the base pan. The size is medium and hence it can be easily carried around. It has a soft applicator which is very gentle on the skin. It does not have a mirror but that is understood because this comes at a very low cost. It comes in 3 shades which is great again!
Texture and feel on the skin: The texture of the pressed powder is very smooth and fine. It has a faint compact type smell which is pleasant. Only a little quantity is needed at once and it spreads effectively and smoothly on the face with the puff. The puff as well as the compact both feel super gentle on my skin and do not look cakey at all.
Results: My face instantly looks very fresh and a little brighter than usual. My skin looks far better than before. The compact gives sheen and a natural coverage as claimed. Yes it looked very simple and natural but I like compacts that give a good coverage. This did not give my skin any glow which I wish it had because my skin looked more or less the same. I could still see a bit of dullness, so I think I would like more coverage. But this is a perfect one for those who do not have many flaws on their face. It actually absorbed all the oil from my skin making it look super matte. My skin was matte for a couple of hours, so yes a great budget-friendly option for normal and oily skin. It can also be used as a setting powder. But this is not that great, so I would still stick to Maybelline Superfresh compact!
Pros of Faces Beauty Compact 01 Pearl:
• Travel-friendly packaging.
• Available in 3 shades and very affordable.
• Glides smoothly on the face and is finely milled.
• It does not cause much fall-out.
• Gives a sheer coverage to the face looking very natural.
• Adds freshness to my face and makes my skin look better.
• Keeps my face matte for a few hours and my skin does not turn oily.
• Can be used as a setting powder too.
Cons of Faces Beauty Compact 01 Pearl:
• Average performance.
• Lasts on my face for an average time of 2 hours or so.
• Does not make much difference in my skin.
• Did not brighten up my face like most of the pressed powder do.
IMBB Rating: 3/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Beauty Compact 01 Pearl?
No I would neither recommend it nor get it again. Because it wasn’t that impressive! And at the same price I can get Maybelline Superfresh compact!
Conclusion: I think we can get better compacts at this price.
10 Best Compact Powders under INR 500
Maybelline White Superfresh 12HR Whitening + Perfecting Compact
Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Ultra Breathable Satin Two Way Cake
Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder
Faces Ultime Pro Xpert Cover Compact
Faces Go Chic Pressed Powder
Faces Silken Finish Pressed Powder
Faces Glam On Prime Perfect Pressed Powder