Faces I-shine Eyeshadow
After looking incessantly for a particular shade of golden through almost all the affordable brands (Lakme, Maybelline, Colorbar, Revlon, Loreal), I came across the ‘Faces’ counter at Pantaloons. I was dazzled (lol) by so many shades of eyeshadow available!(No, I have not been to a MAC store :P). When it comes to eyeshadow, Faces has far left behind the other brands in the same price range.
Price: Rs 499/- for a quartet (which I find very reasonable considering a Lakme quartet costs Rs 425/-)
Packaging: Packaging is rather disappointing. There was a bit of fallout and the cardboard box in which it was packaged looked rather cheap. But the circular plastic container is cute and the applicator is fine too.
Now, lets have a look at the swatches !
The first color of the palette is a metallic black shade. It works great for sultry smokey eyes but is too shiny to use on crease to create depth.
Next is a shiny white shade. It works well as a browbone highlighter.
Next is the shade that I was looking for! The shade of Pure Gold ! It is great for dramatic Indian wedding looks.
Lastly, we have a dark bronze shade. I use it for a relatively subtle smokey look.
What I like about Faces I-shine eyeshadow:
- The colour payoff is remarkable! I have used just one swipe (without any base) in the swatches. Yes, it is that awesome 😛
- The texture is soft and smooth and they blend into each other easily.
- This eyeshadow don’t require any base. A bit of compact works fine.
Without a primer, this eyeshadow lasted an overnight wedding !! On the bride!!
We had a makeup artist fiasco on my sister’s second wedding (to the same guy ofcourse 😛 … she had an intercultural marriage so yeah two weddings within a week—CRAZYYY!! but fun 🙂 ) So, obviously I came to the rescue and did her eye makeup (golden eye look… I made a tutorial a few months back). It came out pretty decent if not very professional (much better than cheap glitter paint the parlor wali was using )
- The four colours in this particular quartet are really good – very different but complimenting. One complaint that I have from eyeshadow palettes is that atleast one shade from the quartet is useless -too similar to the other shades or plain weird. I can create so many looks with this palette – a variety of smokey eyes , dramatic golden eyes etc
- The glitter is not chunky or tacky
- No creasing if applied properly
What I didn’t like about Faces I-Shine Eyeshadow
- Well, this is the ‘I-shine’ range so I shouldn’t complain, but the shadows are too shiny for my taste. I would have preferred a matte shadow for contouring.
- It is very powdery so there is a bit of fallout but its not that bad considering I can use my makeup brush to apply it.
- The shade that I have is named ‘3’ 🙁 What a disappointment! I’d have preferred something like Dancing Diva or Golden Goddess!
I would highly recommend this because every woman needs to look glamorous once in a while and this can be her perfect tool . 🙂
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5