I picked up these Faces lipsticks on my recent trip to Mumbai. I just “happened” to come across the Pantaloons Faces counter at Phoenix. While I was actually looking out for Colorbar’s green eye pencil “Jade” ( by the way, why are Colorbar SAs never present at their counter be it in Mumbai or Delhi???!!!), the Faces SA introduced me to their “Forest Green” eye pencil and I am so glad I bought it! And along with it, loads of other Faces stuff ! 😀 I wore “French Rose” almost every other day while in Mumbai 🙂 and here is my take on it:
What it claims: Vitamin E and jojoba oil enriched. Long-stay, extra shine lip colors. Lanolin and perfume free.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 349 for 4.2 gms.
The Good about Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick
● It is indeed one of the creamiest lipsticks I have ever used. Most creamy lipsticks, no matter what the shade, tend to make me look pale or accentuate the fine lines on my lips. It is for this reason that I swear by mattes and mostly stay away from creamy liptsicks. However, this lipstick seems to combine the best of both worlds!
● It does not dry out my lips. Rather, it keeps them moisturised and supple for as long as it is on.
● Staying power is a good 3-4 hours on my lips with a meal. It lasts longer if you do not intend to eat. Even after a meal, it leaves behind a beautiful tint 🙂
● Non-feathering and fades evenly.
● Comes in a black packaging which is transparent from the bottom thus making it easier to locate the shade if you intend on hoarding on this collection 🙂
● Interestingly, as you can see, the rose color looks orange on my lips while the orange looks rosy on my lips 😛
(L-R) : French Rose and Fiery Orange
The Bad about Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick
● Prone to bleeding if applied without a lip liner. I always use a lip liner along with both these shades.
● It may not survive high temperatures and heat as it is soft so I always store it in the fridge to avoid product meltdown and to prevent it from breaking or twisting each time I swipe it on my lips.
● Availability of the Faces brand. Seriously, they need to do something about it !
Verdict: Good selection of shades that are reasonably priced.
Would you purchase again? Yes, I am beginning to like and explore this brand on the whole 🙂
Since I had reviewed Jordana lipliners, I wanted to share a recent addition of an orange glitter lipliner to my collection. I also have a matte peach lipliner from another brand which I shall be reviewing soon 🙂
Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Lotion
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream
Faces Cosmetics Travel Brush Kit Review
Faces Long Wear Eye Pencils
Faces Cosmetics Smokey Eye Palette
Faces Cosmetics Smoky Eyes Kit
Faces Cosmetics Long Wear Eye Pencil
Maybelline Lipstick Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational
Avon Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick Buff
How to Apply Lipstick for Great Lips
Lipstick: Types of Lipsticks