I am returning back to my latest love, the Faces lip crayons! I picked 4 of these since after trying one of the matte crayons from there, I craved for more! I got the bolder shades because matte and bold shades form a perfect combo. So here I present to you one of the boldest shades in the range called “Irresistible pink”.
Price: Rs 799/-
Product Description by Faces:
A collection of lip crayons featuring timeless matte shades with superior color pigment & hydration.
From beautiful nudes to striking reds to shades of pinks and corals there’s a shade for everyone. Dresses up lips in statement shades in matte finish with rich, color-bright pigments, while being super comfortable on lips. 6 sizzling sensual shades. The colors are inspired from international fashion trends. These lip colors exude ultimate feminine strength and glamourous style.
• A veil of addicting color and spectacular payoff.
• Rich color in one stroke.
• Luxe and creamy matte texture with intense color.
• Lush, long lasting lipstick.
• Full coverage with a satiny matte finish for smooth and supple lips.
• Pure color pigments: for a truly vibrant color that lasts for hours.
• Paraben Free.
• Dermatologically tested.
My Experience with Faces Ultime Pro #10 Irresistible Pink Matte Lip Crayon:
The range of Faces Ultime Pro lip crayons have matte and some little shimmery shades too, but this one belongs to the matte category. Yes, Faces might seem a little costlier than usual but if you try this out, you wouldn’t mind paying 800 bucks!
Packaging: The packaging comes in bright pink colour with a black base and a transparent cap. It has the shade name written right over the packaging which makes it super easy. Also, the packaging colour resembles the shade, so becomes hassle-free to find one if you own a few. It looks like the lip crayons from the other brands but just a little less fat than those. They are extremely handy and the cap at any point gets separated from the crayon. Now the difference in the packaging is that, these have to be sharpened and they don’t have a twisty base. The sharpener came free with these for which I whole heartedly thank Faces. Yes, there is product wastage but I am always cautious.
Shade: I actually thought that this would be a bright pink shade because there is already one neon pink in this matte range, but this turned out to be a neon one as well. The shade “Irresistible pink” is a very bright and a bold pink colour with a vibrant neon touch. It looked very nice on my hand but on my lips, it was neon which I wasn’t very happy with. It did not look that bad but it looked very different and I did not feel comfortable having it on. It will suit the very fair complexion beautifully but no skin-tone other than that. It washes me out a little and the neon touch makes my skin-tone look darker and tan. Adding to it, it is very bold, so even if it suits your complexion, you might not be able to handle it. It can rightly be called “Too hot to handle” shade.
Finish and Texture: The finish is super matte and I am sure the matte lovers are going to fall in love with the finish! The pigmentation is intense and the application is super smooth and creamy. It glides like a dream. The formula is not at all dry but there is just a mild dryness on my lips that tends to happen with every matte lip colour. It highlights my chapped lips a lot, so I have to make sure to use a lip balm. It also does settle in fine lines. Due to the bold pigmentation, it transfers to tissues and glasses but not a lot. The colour transfers but it looks like nothing that seen transferred from the lips, so hats off to the pigmentation.
Staying Power: The staying power is really good like the other mattes from this range as it stays for more than 8-9 hours and the pigmentation stays as it is. The pigmentation might mildly decrease after 5 hours, but the colour stays as it is. It stays no matter how much I eat, sip water or do whatever. The removal part is a little tedious as it needs a powerful makeup remover to come off. It will give you pink clown lips but comes off nicely.
Pros of Faces Ultime Pro #10 Irresistible Pink Matte Lip Crayon:
• Super convenient and attractive packaging in the shade colour which makes it easy to spot the shade.
• Accompanied with a sharpener which sharpens it nicely without excessive product wastage.
• The shade “Irresistible pink” is a super bright, bold and trendy fuchsia pink with a neon touch.
• It instantly brightens up my face and adds a dose of spice to the make-up.
• The formula is extremely matte which look super classy.
• The pigmentation is very intense and just one swipe is needed to get pink neon lips.
• It does not dry up my lips even though it is matte.
• It stays for more than 8-9 hours as it is now matter what I drink or what I eat; or probably how many times I eat.
• The formula makes my lips look fuller and perfectly defined.
Cons of Faces Ultime Pro #10 Irresistible Pink Matte Lip Crayon:
• Transfers a little.
• Highlights chapped lips and also settles in fine lines.
• This will suit only fair skin-tones and will make the skin tone look very tan and darker than usual.
• Will not suit all the skin-tones.
• The shade looks like a bright pink on my hand, but on my lips it turns neon.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Ultime Pro #10 Irresistible Pink Matte Lip Crayon?
No not really! This is that shade which most of the people cannot handle because it is way too neon for Indian skin-tones. I would definitely recommend this range to everyone but be careful with the shades you pick.
This range is the best range for matte lovers, it has a variety of shades to suit everyone’s liking, so run and pick the one you like!
Best Lip Crayons To Choose From
Faces Sugar Coated Ultime Pro Starry Matte Lip Crayon Sugar Coated, Obsession Review
L’Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss- 912 Peach Pleasure Review
L’Oreal Paris Glam Shine Balmy Gloss – Passion Fruit Perfect Review
Be A Bombshell Shameless Lip Crayon Review
Sonia Kashuk Spicy Nude Velvety Matte Lip Crayon Review
Bite Beauty Glace Deluxe Matte Creme Lip Crayon Review