I have always been scared of purple or mauve lip colours, and those are my least preferred shades! Hence, you guys might have not seen me reviewing a lot of purples, but with this, it was different. The shade “Grape Martini” from Faces looked very different and a unique one to try out. So read more to know whether I liked this one or not!
• Faces Ultime Pro Lip Creme is an absolutely super soft, smooth and moisturizing lip gloss that promises one stroke hi shine coverage.
• It is completely opaque, highly pigmented, does not transfer, bleed or feather and stays on for hours at a stretch.
• Inspired by the colors of mesmerizing cocktails,
• Lip Creme gives you the color intensity of the lipstick and luster of a gloss.
• This non-sticky Lip Creme comes with a doe-foot sponge applicator.
• It picks up the right quantity of the product and helps in ach.
My Experience with Faces Ultime Pro Grape Martini Lip Creme:
My lip collection is expanding day by day. The one thing that I had never tried previously is lip crèmes. I used to adore that liquid lipstick feel when I used to read magazines so I had to start somewhere. Hence I picked some new lip crèmes from Faces. I picked up 4 shades and this is the only berry shade that I got. Let’s go in depth about this.
The lip creme comes in a charcoal grey box which has all the details of the shade over it. It has a small sticker at the bottom with the shade name, and that makes it easy to identify the shade. What makes it even easier is the small window available on the packaging. I can easily see the lip gloss and the shade through that window. The lip crème comes in a cylindrical sleek bottle. The bottle is a see-through one and hence I can easily see the shade of the crème. These are very handy and unbreakable. Most of the lip glosses or crèmes have cylindrical wands, but this one has a flat wand which is equally convenient for application.
Shade, Texture and Consistency:
The shade “Grape Martini” is a cocktail colour which is a perfect blend of pink and berry with purple touch; that is what grape martini drink looks like. Grape Martini has a very mild mauvy colour, but then an artificial essence is added to the drink to make it look bright and vibrant purple. The same goes with this! It is a very unique shade to have in the vanity and it cannot be easily duped. The shade stays very strong for the initial 6 hours, and then turns into a bright pink. It loses the berry hints and becomes a total bright pink with slight berry hints.
It is super duper bright, intensely pigmented and creates a vibrant pop on the lips. The consistency is like a liquid lipstick, thinner at first and then it turns a little thicker as time goes by. It spreads very smoothly on my lips without much efforts. It will complement every skin tone, but will complement medium to dusky skin tones a lot more than fair skin tone. But yes, it will not be everyone’s cup of tea since it is very bold and bright, and not everyone might feel confident wearing this.
It settles into fine lines initially but that won’t be very noticeable since the shade is very bold. It gives a super glossy look which looks very appealing. The lip crème performs good, but there is one disappointment that cannot be ignored. It bleeds and transfers a lot. It bleeds very badly from the corners of the lips and from my bottom lip. Plus, it being a bold colour, looks really unappealing; I had to prep it every now and then. It looks like I am someone who doesn’t know to apply a lip colour and have applied it carelessly.
It stays put for 7-8 hours with a few snacks and 6 hours with an entire meal with its colour and glossiness gradually decreasing. But it works the worst with glasses of water because it transfers very badly. The stain of this one is more powerful than the rest of the shades in this range. It stays strong and bold for 2 hours following the 6 hours stay. I feel like my lips went on the glass! 😛 The entire colour sticks to the glass making it look very ugly, so I have to sip water little by little each time.
Overall, except for the bleeding, I like it a lot and would enjoy using this during the upcoming festive season!
Pros of Faces Ultime Pro Grape Martini Lip Creme:
• Amazing variety of shades to choose from ranging from corals, pinks, reds and purples
• Available all around and at an affordable cost
• The shade is a very lovely looking blend of berry and pink with vibrant hints of mauve
• The consistency is very smooth and the shade is intensely pigmented
• It is very similar to the texture of a liquid lipstick, but with added dose of glossiness
• It brightens up the skin tone instantly and will complement all skin tones, especially medium to dusky
• It stays on for 7-8 hours with light snacking and around 6 hours with a full meal; also after 6 hours, it leaves a super bright pink stain which keeps the face lit up
Cons of Faces Ultime Pro Grape Martini Lip Creme:
• It bleeds a lot from the corners of my lips and bottom lip which looks very ugly and unappealing
• It transfers badly to the glasses
• The shade is something that not everyone would love to wear; I can’t call it a universal one
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Ultime Pro Grape Martini Lip Creme?
No, I think this will go a long way as I am not going to use this regularly. And although I like this one, it is not something that I would come back to. You can get if you like it, but surely try it first.
I would love to experiment more with lip crèmes as they are an awesome creation!
Faces Red Mary Ultime Pro Lip Crème
Faces Creme Matte Lip Gloss Peach Pink
Faces Ultime Pro Lip Creme in Hawaiian Orange
Faces Nude Mojito Ultime Pro Lip Creme
Faces Creme Matte Lip Gloss – Fiery Red
Garnier Skin Naturals Detoxifying Grape Extract Ultra Cleansing Wipes
Lakme Absolute Grape Hint Lip Tint Creme
MAC Pro Longwear Lip Creme in Soft Sell
Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Creme in Deep Blush
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp Review, FOTD