Faces launched a new range of lip crèmes recently and the shades look amazing! I picked some of these because I totally wanted to experiment with lip crèmes. I picked some very bright and bold colours because I am loving bold lips these days. The pick for today is the shade called “Pink Flirtini”; hmmmm now this sounds very cute? Read to know about this poppy and summery shade!
Price: Rs 649
Product Description of Faces Ultime Pro Lip Creme Pink Flirtini:
Faces ultime pro Lip creme is an absolutely super soft, smooth and moisturizing lip gloss that promises one stroke high shine coverage.
• It is completely opaque, highly pigmented, does not transfer, bleed or feather and stays on for hours at a stretch.
• Inspired by the colors of mesmerizing cocktails.
• Lip Creme gives you the color intensity of the lipstick and luster of a gloss.
• This non-sticky Lip Creme comes with a doe-foot sponge applicator.
• It picks up the right quantity of the product and helps in application.
My Experience with Faces Ultime Pro Lip Crème Pink Flirtini:
My lip collection is expanding day by day and this is one thing that I had never tried previously and they are lip crèmes. I used to adore that liquid lipstick feel when I used to read magazines so I had to start somewhere! Hence I picked some new lip crèmes from faces. I picked 4 shades and this is the brightest pink shade out of the lot. Let’s go further in depth about this.
The lip crème comes in a charcoal grey box which has all the details of the shade over it. It has a small sticker at the bottom with the shade name and that makes it easy to identify the shade. What makes it even easier, is the small window available on the packaging. I can easily see the lip gloss and it’s shade through that window which makes it easy to find one. The lip crème comes in a cylindrical sleek bottle loaded with the lip crème. The bottle is see-through and hence I can easily see the shade of the crème. These are very handy and unbreakable. Most of the lip glosses or crèmes have cylindrical wands; this has a flat wand which is also equally convenient for application.
Shade, Texture and Consistency:
The shade “Pink Flirtini” is a very fresh-looking summery coral pink shade.It is more of a fresh coral rather than pink. The shade just has some hints of pink which make it look gorgeous. I noticed one thing about this; it looks more of a coral shade in the natural light and more of a pink in the artificial or halogen lights, strange right? The shade is inspired from a drink called “Pink flirtini” which looks like a total feminine drink in coral pink colour filled with crushed chilly ice.The drink looks more summery and edible too.
The shade has a little neon touch to it which makes it a little more bright and vibrant than needed. It makes my skin tone look a little tan and yellow as the neon colours have the power to make the skin-tone appear tan. I think this shade will compliment on the fair skin tones beautifully. It is a nice bold shade to create a statement and look very trendy and chic. The consistency is like a liquid lipstick, thinner at first and then it turns a little thicker as time goes by. It spreads very smoothly on my lips without much effort.
It settles in fine lines and it is very noticeable because the colour is too bold. It gives a super glossy look which looks very appealing. The lip crème was doing very good, but there is one disappointment with this that cannot be ignored. It bleeds and transfers a lot. It bleeds very badly from the corners of the lips and from my bottom lip. Plus it being a bold colour, it looked really unappealing and I had to re-apply it every now and then. It looked like I am someone who doesn’t know to apply a lip colour and have applied it anyhow.
The lip crème lasts for somewhere around 5-6 hours while eating light snacks. With an entire meal, it stays for 3 hours and major creamy colour will get wiped off with the food taking away the thickness and glossiness. But its works the worst with glasses of water because it transfers very badly. I feel like my lips went on the glass 😛 The entire colour sticks to the glass making it look very ugly, so I have to sip the water little by little each time. It leaves a coral pink stain which looks great but when you observe it closely, it will have clings to the dry patches of the lips which looks really bad.Overall, I think the quality is okay and if I see some good lip crèmes around then I would never come back to this.
Pros of Faces Ultime Pro Lip Crème Pink Flirtini:
• Amazing variety of shades to choose from ranging from corals, pinks, reds and purples.
• Available all around and at an affordable cost.
• The shade is a very refreshing coral shade which looks exactly like the Pink flirtini summer cocktail.
• The consistency is very smooth and the shade is intensely pigmented.
• It is very similar to the texture of a liquid lipstick but with added dose of glossiness.
• It creates a bright and a funky pop on the lips making it look very trendy and chic.
• It stays for 5-6 hours with light snacks and 3 hours with a full meal getting converted into a stain.
• It totally makes my lips the centre of attraction.
Cons of Faces Ultime Pro Lip Crème Pink Flirtini:
• It bleeds a lot from the corners of my lips and bottom lip which looks very ugly and unappealing.
• It transfers badly to the glass.
• It will highlight the chapped portions once it becomes a stain.
• The shade has a neon hint and will not suit medium to dusky skin-tones.
• It is more like fresh coral shade so the name is a bit misleading.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/5
I would love to experiment more with lip crèmes as they are an awesome creation!
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Ultime Pro Lip Crème Pink Flirtini?
No, I wouldn’t get this again although I loved the shade. It is a shade which does not flatter me a lot and I will just use it occasionally. Try it before you buy!
Faces Ultime Pro Longwear Lipstick Collection
Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Pretty Me
Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick – Look At Me
Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick
Best Faces Canada Lipsticks Available in India
Faces Canada Go Chic Lipstick Fig and Mulberry Slush
Faces Canada Moisture Rich Lipstick: Pink Wine
Faces Red Mary Ultime Pro Lip Crème
Colorbar Deep Red 001 Deep Matte Lip Crème