These days’ people want immediate results as far as skin treatments are concerned. Facial peels, also known as chemical peels end their quest for a beautiful skin in no time. Chemical peels, as the name suggests requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
A chemical or a facial peel treatment can solve various skin problems like wrinkles, acne, dark circles, uneven skin tone and many more.
Types of Facial Peels:
Depending upon the strength of the chemical used in procedure facial peels can be classified in the following types:
1) Alpha Hydroxy Acids peel (AHAs): These are the mildest facial peels and generally take only 15 minutes to refresh your skin and give it a glow. Alpha Hydroxy Acids are derived from milk and fruit sugars and due to their ability to penetrate in the skin quickly they are used in numerous skin care products. Glycolic and lactic acids are most commonly used AHAs. Once applied they react with the upper layer of the skin and allow the formation of the new skin cells resulting in firmer and smoother skin. AHA peels are mostly used to deal with mild sun damage or acne scarring. The results of these peels are quick but temporary. Also, these peels do not help to reduce deep lines and wrinkles or even heavy pigmentation. Some people may notice certain side effects like swelling, redness and flakiness after undergoing this treatment but these subside within few hours of the treatment.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
2) Trichloroacetic acid peels: These are stronger than AHAs peels as they can penetrate deeper into the middle layer of the skin. These peels are used to treat age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, discoloration and sun damage on the skin. Unlike AHA peels the recovery time in Trichloroacetic acid peels is relatively more. Three to 10 days are required for the outer layer of the skin to come off completely and heal. Pain killers may be required in this treatment as it could take 40 minutes for the entire procedure to last.
3) Phenol peels or deep peels: These are strongest facial peels which can go deep in the middle layer of the skin. Croton oil is used in these peels. Phenol peels are one time deal as the results are long lasting. In some cases the results lasted upto 20 years. General anaesthesia and heart/lung monitoring may be required in these peels. Skin takes 2 to 3 weeks to heal in this process. Person is advised to stay away from the sun for three to six months, depending upon the sensitivity of the skin. These peels are not recommended for people with heart problems. Phenol peels may cause permanent lightening of the skin.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Some post peel tips:
• Always use a sunscreen.
• Do not rub or starch your skin.
• Keep your skin moisturised to avoid scaring and cracking.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Orange Peel Off Face Mask Review-Everyuth Natural Golden Glow, Lala Peel Powder
Aroma Magic Enzyme Peel Pack Review: Oily Skin and Open Pores
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
How to Reduce Facial Wrinkles
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Review
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne