These days’ people want immediate results as far as skin treatments are concerned. Facial peels, also known as chemical peels end their quest for a beautiful skin in no time. Chemical peels, as the name suggests requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
A chemical or a facial peel treatment can solve various skin problems like wrinkles, acne, dark circles, uneven skin tone and many more.
Types of Facial Peels:
Depending upon the strength of the chemical used in procedure facial peels can be classified in the following types:
1) Alpha Hydroxy Acids peel (AHAs): These are the mildest facial peels and generally take only 15 minutes to refresh your skin and give it a glow. Alpha Hydroxy Acids are derived from milk and fruit sugars and due to their ability to penetrate in the skin quickly they are used in numerous skin care products. Glycolic and lactic acids are most commonly used AHAs. Once applied they react with the upper layer of the skin and allow the formation of the new skin cells resulting in firmer and smoother skin. AHA peels are mostly used to deal with mild sun damage or acne scarring. The results of these peels are quick but temporary. Also, these peels do not help to reduce deep lines and wrinkles or even heavy pigmentation. Some people may notice certain side effects like swelling, redness and flakiness after undergoing this treatment but these subside within few hours of the treatment.
2) Trichloroacetic acid peels: These are stronger than AHAs peels as they can penetrate deeper into the middle layer of the skin. These peels are used to treat age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, discoloration and sun damage on the skin. Unlike AHA peels the recovery time in Trichloroacetic acid peels is relatively more. Three to 10 days are required for the outer layer of the skin to come off completely and heal. Pain killers may be required in this treatment as it could take 40 minutes for the entire procedure to last.
3) Phenol peels or deep peels: These are strongest facial peels which can go deep in the middle layer of the skin. Croton oil is used in these peels. Phenol peels are one time deal as the results are long lasting. In some cases the results lasted upto 20 years. General anaesthesia and heart/lung monitoring may be required in these peels. Skin takes 2 to 3 weeks to heal in this process. Person is advised to stay away from the sun for three to six months, depending upon the sensitivity of the skin. These peels are not recommended for people with heart problems. Phenol peels may cause permanent lightening of the skin.
Some post peel tips:
• Always use a sunscreen.
• Do not rub or starch your skin.
• Keep your skin moisturised to avoid scaring and cracking.
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Orange Peel Off Face Mask Review-Everyuth Natural Golden Glow, Lala Peel Powder
Aroma Magic Enzyme Peel Pack Review: Oily Skin and Open Pores
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
How to Reduce Facial Wrinkles
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Review
9 thoughts on “All About Facial Peels”
nice 1 era..:)
I read some where that Michale Jackson used to get phenol peels………
GReat article Era!! 😀 😀
And ..I did that Eva wala look from Desperate housewives again.. 😛 😛 😛 😛
hain!!! pics pics plzz… :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
yup yuppp..uploading now..pichle ek ghante se no power.. :(( so couldn’t do that!! 😀 Me bherry nervous!!! :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :suspense:
😛 😛 😛 😛
I have never tried facial peels. :((
But nice article Era. :yes:
Very good info…. Can anybody tell where can this peel b done in Mumbai. Im having severe pigmentation prb, but medicines are tkng too long… 🙁 want quick results. Plz suggest where dis peel can b done in Mumbai.