Famous Hollywood Hairstyles
Today, I am doing a compilation of the famous Hollywood hairstyles. This list contains the contemporary as well as retro styles. I hope you enjoy the pictures and please add your choice to the list if it is already not listed.
1. Pixie Hair cut – this seems to be the most famous and evergreen hairstyle. Beauties have donned it for ages. From Audrey to Meg, this hairstyle never goes out of fashion. Halle Berry has a tousled pixie style and looks sweet and cute in that. While when Harry Potter’s Emma Watson sported it, the hairstyle became the most famous hairstyle in 2012.
Here is Halle Berry who probably carries the cut in the most fashionable manner.
2. Long Pixie cut: This is a variation of pixie cut. In this cut, the hair is still short but there is a small fringe of hair around the face. Many beauties have had this cut for a long time. Ashley Simpson, Marisa Tomei (I loved her in the movie “The Painted Veil”) and Keira Knightley are my favorites when I talk about this cut. Keira Knightley got her locks down for her movie “Domino” in 2005. Her well-toned body, flawless complexion and swan-like neck compliment her hairstyle.
3. Classic Hollywood Hairstyle: Just like our classic Bollywood hairstyle, classic Hollywood hairstyle is also rampant in Hollywood. Beautiful women from Scarlett Johansson and Beyonce to the sensational Jennifer Lopez, this is the most common hairstyle for long manes. If I have to pick my favourite in this hairstyle, it would undoubtedly be Jennifer Lopez. She not only carries her hair well in this hairstyle, the look compliments her well I think, long face giving it a width.
4. Bun: A rather retro style which was widely used in our 70s Bollywood movies. The credit to the most beautiful bun in Hollywood undoubtedly goes to Audrey Hepburn from the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” Have you watched it? I loved it. Audrey looks stunningly beautiful in the movie.
5. Pink Streak: Okay, many may not like to adorn a pink streak of hair but this hairstyle has got lot of attention recently. I am particularly quite wary of this hairstyle and I will tell you why. This was way back in 2007 when I was in Mumbai for my job. I stayed with my roomies in Malad and one day one of my roomie got a pink streak! It was a bright pink color that she got over a streak among her otherwise brown-colored hair. We came back to our building around 10 pm which is not very late as per Mumbai timings. We got into the elevator and there we saw this “uncleji” who continuously stared at my friend’s pink hair. He questioned her a bit about our room number, etc., and left. We were like, what’s the matter, but next day, we got a showcause notice from the building owner/society head. Though when we spoke to the owner, it all went well, but later on, we all blamed the pink hair for the trouble. Can’t say if people in India view pink differently 😉
6. Beachy Hair: This is more like a free hairstyle that is long, wavy, beachy and bouncy in nature. That’s Kate Hudson for you flowing her beachy hair.
I hope you all enjoyed the post. There are many more hairstyles that can be added to this list, but these are the ones I could think of.
Have a great day!
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Hair Color: More on Hair Coloring
Sunsilk Hair Fall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Rose Water for Hair Care
8 Quick Hair Care Tips
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
My Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Hair Care Tips for Color-Treated Hair
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
6 Steps to a Happy Head
9 thoughts on “Famous Hollywood Hairstyles”
good one. loved Kate hudsons’s hairstyle the most
Yeah same here Gurpreet..
Great compilation Surabhi…..I like the beachy wavy one 🙂
Mee tooo likey the same to same Jomo.. 😀
Audrey Hepburn started the pixie trend in the famous scene from Roman Holiday. As a girl growing up I loved chic short hair styles sported by Meg Ryan and Winona Ryder. Nowadays I love romantic buns or full on long naturally curly hair(I am in the process of trying to grow my natural curls long!) by actresses like Keri Russell.
Meg Ryan… yeah..!!! and the pixie of Demi Moore in Ghost..? I can die with these two beauties.
wow!! I loved the pixie cut. So fresh and youthful. :)) Good post surbhi. 🙂 how are you doing? 🙂