We always draw inspiration from our favorite Bollywood stars thinking that they look flawless always. From the kind of outfits they sport, to the footwear they wear, there is a coterie of stylists who work together to create looks for the stars. If you still feel Bollywood stars do not commit fashion blunders, then think twice as we will prove you wrong. In this post, we have compiled a list of disastrous fashion blunders by Bollywood actresses. This will prove that their fashion sense is not very polished and even stars are prone to make wrong choices when it comes to fashion.
1. Sonam Kapoor: Sonam Kapoor may be most popular fashionista in Bollywood, but there were some rare occasions when this diva made some wrong choices. Sonam Kapoor made some blunders on International platforms like Cannes where she was extremely criticised for her look in Cannes 2015. In a particular look from Cannes 2015, she walked down the red carpet in a feathered yellow gown. It went on to become one of the most controversial outfits at Cannes that year.
2. Sonakshi Sinha: Sonakshi’s love for black is very well known. In fact, Sonakshi is more famous for her fashion disasters than her movies. At the 19th Annual Color Screen awards, she chose a black dress with golden embellishments. It made her look more like an Egyptian pharaoh. The outfit was criticized by her fans widely. Her figure was not flattered with the weird gold patches at the wrong places. The long slit on the dress looked awkward. With so much of bling, gold, and black on an over-the-top dress, it looked like everything was overdone and did not do anything for Sonakshi’s star power.
3. Alia Bhatt: Have you checked one of the recent airport looks of this cute actress? In that, she was seen in brown velvet pants with oversized jackets. Alia being somebody with a petite frame couldn’t rock this look quite well. In fact, her fans gave this particular looks of hers a complete thumbs down.
4. Kareena Kapoor Khan: Kareena Kapoor Khan was seen at a book launch event for her nutritionist, Rujuta Diwekar. She wore a colour-block chevron print top which she paired with a patterned skirt. This look is something fashion police would never approve. It lacked taste and coming from Kareena, it was a huge disappointment to the fans. However, her makeup was on point with a soft pink pout. Her long tassel earrings from Valliyan also looked unique but her outfit spoiled the entire look for her.
5. Anushka Sharma: Ms. Kohli may have her own line of fashion outfits under her label “Nush,” but even she had her own fair share of fashion mistakes. There was one occasion where she was seen in a pair of extremely distressed white jeans. Her look was a complete disappointment to her fans. Celebrity stylist Allia Al Rufai styled this look with the weird jeans from Asos and paired it with a simple striped shirt from Urban Outfitters. Even those gorgeous Givenchy heels couldn’t save her look from being a complete drab. Come on Anushka!! We know you can do much better than this!!
6. Shraddha Kapoor: This cute actress often makes the right choices when it comes to films, but goes wrong with her outfit selections. One such occasion was when she was seen wearing a hot pink one-shouldered, balloon sleeve top with straight-fit pants in the same color from Atsu Sekhose. The outfit looked really bright, hence she should have underplayed with her accessories. But here also, she played super-loud with pink and blue statement earrings from Valliyan. Moreover, the balloon sleeve is something which looks good if you have a good height. This outfit is something which we would never like to take inspiration from.
7. Deepika Padukone: It’s hard to imagine Deepika in a disastrous outfit. Deepika’s sense of style is impeccable, but once she sported a green metallic sheen pantsuit and almost everything about this look is bizarre. This outfit was styled by Shaleena Nathani but it looks quite tacky with bell-bottomed pants. Even the makeup didn’t go well with the green metallic outfit. To add to the misery was her straight, pulled back hair which looked oily and greasy. She accessorized her look with Saint Laurent studded drop-earrings and gold shoes. This is one of those few looks of Deepika Padukone which shows that even the reigning queen of Bollywood can sometimes do fashion blunders.
8. Kangana Ranaut: The “Manikarnika” star always stuns her fans with her outfit choices and fashion statement, but her airport looks are not very impressive. In one of her airport looks, she was seen wearing gingham dress with geeky glasses. Kangana should surely change her stylist to get better ideas.
9. Vidya Balan: Vidya Balan is one of the finest actresses in Bollywood today, but she is mercilessly trolled for her fashion sense. This classic Indian beauty is seen wearing sarees most of the times, but there are times when even her fans criticise her for choice of outfit. Her appearance at Cannes 2013 was dampened by her poor dressing style. Coming from a renowned designer like Sabyasachi, she didn’t look her best in a long mujra style Anarkali with dupatta draped funnily over her head. This lehenga choli by Sabyasachi highlights Vidya’s short height and makes her look overweight. It doesn’t end here. She once wore a bad floral print saree which made her look nothing less than a circus tent. Vidya must improve upon her way of dressing up, otherwise, we love this great actress.
10. Huma Qureshi: Huma Qureshi is someone who promotes the healthy body image to her fans, but should that mean that she has the certificate to look bulkier? She had recently committed a fashion blunder in which she was seen in a multi-layer red gown which looked very much like a flower. The already healthy actress looked much more fuller in such an outfit.
11. Rani Mukherji: This talented actress may have wooed everyone with her acting skills but her choice of fashion outfits sometimes fails disastrously. Would you like to wear something that is comfortable enough to make it fit for a night-out?? None of us would. But Rani Mukherji was once seen wearing a nightgown kind of dress to a party. The dress she wore is no different than a full-length silk maxi worn at night.
12. Kajol: This bubbly actress of the 90’s earned respect with her natural acting skills and vibrant style. But when it comes to showcasing style and fashion, she hasn’t done very well. Whether it be this silk Prabal Gurung dress or multi-colored jumpsuit, she has got it all wrong! In one of her family outings, Kajol wore a rainbow colored dress with vertical lines all over. Its silk material made her look broader than her actual frame and also didn’t go with her skin tone well. In addition to that, the chunky, strappy heels are giving a plump and unwelcoming appearance to her legs.
13. Kriti Sanon: Do you like velvet? If your answer is yes, then the velvet fashion blunder by actress Kriti Sanon will make you swear never to wear it again. Kriti looks pathetic in this yellow velvet dress with knee length boots. wonder who styled this look for her as nobody would like to recreate this look.
14. Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa Shetty has a great body and can flaunt any look with aplomb, but she too had her own fair share of fashion disasters. To one function she attended, she chose a poncho-styled kurta with denim jeans. This outfit doesn’t only look drab but also casts a shadow on her image of being a style diva.
That’s all about the list of fashion blunders for now. The list seems endless as always. Thanks for reading 🙂
Then and Now Looks of 10 Bollywood Actresses Who Have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Bollywood Actresses Bad Makeup Pics
Bollywood Actresses Who Seem To Have Undergone Skin Lightening
8 Bollywood Actresses who are Married to Millionaires