I don’t have pretty tresses; they are damaged, develop split ends and grew very slow. You can imagine I hardly needed a full fledge haircut in 12 months. My mother actually met an Indian woman in a connecting flight to Europe, who had very beautiful hair and she gladly shared the secret with mom. I am using it since 8 months and I am ready for my second haircut in the time duration.
Things you will need:
• 100 ml coconut hair oil
• One table spoon full fenugreek seeds
• One table spoon full black onion seeds (kalonji)
• One glass bottle
All you need to do is coarsely grind fenugreek seeds and black onion seeds separately (because they have different grinding times). Take the glass bottle and fill it with grinded stuff using a paper chute, then fill in coconut oil. Boil water in a pan and close the stove; now keep the glass bottle in that water for 15 minutes (don’t boil the oil). Take out and keep in sunlight for 15 days.
You can actually start using the oil from fifth day of sunlight bath, but then keep refilling the bottle; it won’t affect the nutrition content of the oil. For application, dampen your hair with warm water and massage oil into scalp and cover the tresses from roots to tips. Keep for two hours and rinse with shampoo and followed by a conditioner. Results start to show up in four weeks, so be patient.
This oil results in faster growth of hair, approx 2x. Also, it reduces formation if new split ends.
• If you don’t like coconut oil fragrance, you can add half a teaspoon of sautéd and crushed coriander leaves to suppress the coconut smell.
• You can also replace coconut oil with any other essential oil you like but coconut oil has been said to be most effective, so I haven’t tempered with the original formula.
• If you develop lice due to coconut oil, juice out one onion and add few drops of apple cider vinegar or lemon and apply to scalp; rinse after one hour. Do once a week for six weeks and you will be free of lice.
• If you have got sufficient time, soak fenugreek seeds overnight and in the morning, take the seeds out and make a paste out of it keeping the water aside. Apply the paste to hair and keep 30 min, rinse off with the soaking water. No need for shampoo or conditioner. This eliminates hair-fall unbelievably.
Coconut oil is infused with healing properties for damaged hair.The natural antioxidants and nutrients found in coconut oil will deliver critical resources to improve your hair’s softness and lustre. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, vitamin K and iron and effectively eliminates dandruff while boosting hair growth.
Fenugreek seeds are beneficial in making hair grow healthy. Fenugreek seeds are a great source of protein and nicotinic acid, which assists in cutting thinning hair and baldness down. Fenugreek seeds are helpful in faster hair growth, for growing new hair, maintaining pigmentation of hair and reduces hair fall, providing essential vitamins and proteins to hairs.
Black Onion Seeds:
Black onion seeds contain protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorous and many other beneficial acids. Black seed contains anti fungal properties. Black seed contains good fatty acids and essential oils, this helps to keep the hair healthy. It helps in reducing premature greying of hairs and formation of split ends.
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Make Your Own Nourishing Hair Oil At Home – Do It Yourself
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
The Body Shop Coconut Oil Shine Review
Fabindia Almond and Coconut Body Butter Review