By Tanya Arora
We have seen how haircuts drastically change the appearance of a person. Changing a hairstyle is a shortcut to get a total transformation and to create an illusion of a perfectly shaped face. A good haircut hides flaws in the face shape and accentuates the better facial features. It is crucial to decide the haircut depending on the face shape as a wrong haircut can make you go straight from gaga to na-na! But isn’t it a little difficult to figure out which haircuts would complement your face shape? Worry not! These celebrity inspirations would help you decide your new hairstyles, in the best way possible.
The main agenda of a haircut should be to balance the flaws in your face cut. Haircuts should create an illusion of a perfectly oval face, no matter what your actual face shape is. When you go for a haircut, the hairstylist will recommend you some haircuts depending on your face-shape, but it is also important for you to understand which haircut would suit you the most.
Celeb Inspiration : Emma Stone
• Round face shape is where the length and the width of the face are the same. To create an illusion of a longer face, volume should be added at the top. This can be done by trying hairstyles that give volume near the crown of the head.
• If you have short hair, you can sport an asymmetrical bob or a pixie like no one else! For long hair, long layered hair would look the best.
• It should be kept in mind that your hair is not layered at jaw-level because that would make your round face appear even rounder.
Celeb Inspiration : Jessica Alba
• You are blessed if you have an oval face because it’s the type of face which can pull-off most of the haircuts in an elegant manner. Oval faces are those wherein the face is longer than it is wide. Short to long hair, they all suit the face type.
• For short hair, a straight graduated bob looks gorgeous on oval shape as it adds so much of volume. For longer hair, oval faced ladies can go for layers and layers. The more, the better.
• Also a feather cut or a blunt cut, either short or long, goes well with oval shaped faces.
Celeb Inspiration : Angelina Jolie
• Square shaped face is wherein the width of the face around the eyes and the cheeks are the same. To balance out a square shaped face, a little volume on top would work.
• Square shaped faces should go for a haircut that does not fall very short on their face but down at the collarbone. This would cut the appearance of the wider part of cheeks which would soften the face shape.
• For long hair, slight layers at shoulder level would have the same effect too. Also layered choppy bangs would make the face appear more balanced.
Celeb Inspiration : Reese Witherspoon
• A heart shaped face is one which is broader at the top, tapering towards the chin. Heart shaped faces have a narrow pointed chin.
• Many of the stylists swear by side swept bangs for people who have a heart shaped face as bangs help to draw attention from the chin to the part around the eyes.
• Also heart shaped ones should go for a haircut which frames their face like a face framing layered cut that rightly accentuates the better parts of the face.
Image Source : Google Images
Different Hairstyles To Try with Sarees
Top Bridal Updo Hairstyles
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
How to Select Hairstyles According to Face Shape
Step-by-Step Guide to Contour According to Face Shape
Best Makeup Tips for Your Face Shape
Select Eyebrow Shape According to Face Shape
8 Tips and Tricks That’ll Help You Leave An Excellent First Impression
Bollywood Celebrities and Their Tattoos
6 Stunning Ways to Wear Fringe Fashion this Winter + Celeb Inspiration