How have you been, it’s going pretty hectic and tiring for me. Today I am going to write on a very common mistake made by most of the females, and that is getting and wearing wrong size bra. According to statistics, nearly 80% women wear bra which are not right for them, and don’t we know how important is it to know the correct size of your bra! Lingerie is an essential part of everyday wardrobe, although not visible but it does boost your confidence and comfort immensely. So, it is NOT okay or chalta hai to not know the correct size for you. Let’s discuss it further!
These are the signs to look out for to find out if you are wearing the wrong bra size:
• The cup size is small and your breasts tend to poke out from the side or front of the cup seams, giving that unflattering double layer effect
• The band of your bra, that is the stretch of elastic below the cups which goes all the way
around to your back, squeezes in the sides a bit too much, creating grooves and deep marks
• The band is too tight for you; you have breathlessness or suffocating feeling at times
• You have elastics deep grooves or marks on your shoulders
• The band dragged up high on the back, ends up being at an awkward place in the back
• The wires poke the breasts or the rib cage
If you are experiencing any of the above points, it’s time to check your size!
So there are two part of the brassiere – the cups and the band. You know the 34B or 36C the numbers represent the band size and the alphabet represent the cup size. These are two things you need to keep in mind while taking the measurements. So, let’s get down to work. You need a measuring tape for this, and make sure the garment that your are wearing is comfortable, not too snug or too loose.
1. First of all make sure you are not wearing any heavily padded or wired bra. Wear a normal, non-padded bra or a just a well worn snugly fit t-shirt/tank top.
2. Take a measuring tape and measure just below the breast.
3. Don’t try to measure too tightly; the tape should always have a snug fit with the body part you are measuring be it arms, thighs or any other part.
4. While measuring, keep the tape at the higher abdomen or under bust, breathe in and out twice and then write down the number you get after that at normal breathing. Then, add 4 to it. This is going to be your band size.
If the number you get is an odd number, then round of to the next even number.
For example – 33 becomes 34 and the band size will be 34 + 4 = 38
5. Now, place the tape across the fullest area of your breast. Don’t breathe very forcefully; this might give a false, higher number.
6. Write down that number. This is the bust-size, if you get the odd number then round off to the next even number.
For example say you get the bust size as 39. This will become 40.
6. Find the difference between the band size number and the bust-size number and the difference represents the cup size.
7. To find the cup size = bust size – band size, taking above examples 40 – 38 = 2, hence the cup size would be B, if the difference would have been 1 the cup size would have been A if 3 then C if 4 then D and so on.
Hope this article is helpful. Different dresses require different kind of lingerie, but the size is the most important thing. Never forget to get the size correct as it is an essential part of your look and comfort. Enjoy you day!
How to Find Your Skin Type and Choose The Right Skin Care Regimen
Face Shape: How to Determine Your Face Shape
NYX Conceal Correct Contour Palette
How to Apply Skincare Products in Correct Order
The Correct Ways to Get Healthy and Shiny Hair
Avon Solutions Body Liquid Bra
Six Things That Every Woman Should Have
How to Choose Dresses for Women with Big Breasts
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
10 Easy Steps towards A Healthy Lifestyle
Glycolic Acid Peel in 4 Easy Steps