The thighs and butts can be a problem area for some. Toning the thighs takes time and discipline as they are made up of four groups of muscles, but with proper cardio and toning, you can achieve great results.
Follow these simple workouts to tone your thighs and bring them back in great shape and that too without the use of expensive gym equipments.
Exercises to firm your thighs:
• One Leg and Arm Reach: Stand on your left leg and raise your right arm in front of you. Now, lower your torso and lift your right leg behind you, as if you are picking up something from the floor. Make sure that your body, from your hand to your leg, is in a straight line or say parallel to the floor. Contract your glutes and hamstrings before you return to your starting position. Switch sides and repeat. Keep your spine neutral by bending only as far as you can without rounding your back.
• Dumbbell Deadlift: Place a pair of 10-to 15-pound dumbbells on the floor. Make the squat position by keeping your chest up. Grab the dumbbells with an overhand grip making sure that your arms are straight and your lower back slightly arched, not rounded. Contract your glutes, straighten your legs and pull your torso back and up while standing up. Hold on for few seconds and then return to the starting position slowly.
• Facedown Hip External Rotation: Lie facedown on the floor with your arms folded under your head and legs extended straight behind you. Now, bend your right leg and keep your knee pointed out. Place your foot on the back of your left knee. Now, contract your right butt and lift your right knee a few inches off the floor but make sure that you do not raise your hip. Focus on contracting your glutes as much as possible, rather than how high you lift your knee. Keep this position for few seconds and then return to the starting position.
• Lunges: This is a very effective exercise to get your thighs into great shape as they target the hamstrings and the quadriceps. Stand with your feet slightly apart and flex your abdominal muscles. Step forward with your right leg, while your torso stays straight. Bend your knee until it forms a 90-degree angle. Push into your heel and return to your starting position. This exercise is very effective for the thigh and butt muscles. It elevates the heart rate and help to burn fat faster. Jump lunges can also be performed to strengthen the lower body.
• Do 45 minutes of weight-bearing aerobic exercises, such as walking or running, at least three days a week. Such exercises burn fat while toning your thigh muscles.