When they say, “two is better than one,” they are probably talking about these amazing food combinations that help to boost weight loss with their different nutrient combinations. When combined together, they amp up nutrient quotient of the dish, increase metabolism, and help burn fat much better than when used alone. For example, combining high glycemic fruits with a slow-digesting fiber source will help to stabilize blood sugar levels, absorb vitamins from the fruit better, and prevent unnecessary hunger pangs, and discourage fat storage. If you want to trim your waist in a jiffy and melt down the extra pounds, here are some food combinations you should try.
1. Apple and Peanut Butter: When you top up apple slices with peanut butter, it becomes a healthy weight loss snack with fiber coming from the apple and plant-based protein from peanuts. If frequent hunger pangs are melting away your will power, try this delicious food combo and you would not be disappointed.
2. Almonds and Pistachios: Making a trail mix out of almonds and pistachios together can help to speed up the process of weight loss. However, make sure you don’t consume more than a handful of nuts in one day. So, while you are going for a tedious workout, grab a handful of almonds and pistachios to get a good dose of healthy fats to help with the fat-burning process. Other than burning calories, it also provides instant energy to motor through a hectic day.
3. Beans and Corns: Beans and corns can be counted as one of the healthiest combinations that will help you to lose weight. Corn has a lot of starch, a type of carb which helps to slow down the digestion. On the another hand, green beans are rich in fiber, which is essential for weight loss. Sprinkling a little black pepper would also get you vitamin C along with boosting up metabolism.
4. Green Tea with Lemon: Get the combination of vitamin C from lemon and antioxidants from green tea by squeezing a bit of lemon in green tea. And this should become your favorite beverage very soon once you start the extra pounds melting off.
5. Eggs and Bell Pepper: Eggs are an inexpensive way to get protein in your daily diet and to boost metabolism. Green, yellow and red peppers all are good sources of vitamin C which when combined with eggs (when made into an omelette) make a low-calorie breakfast option.
6. Oatmeal and Berries: For those who want to lose weight, oatmeal is a good option. Oatmeal when combined with berries is a delicious metabolism-boosting option. Due to a lot of fibre, oatmeal and berries curb appetite. Berries also contain a lot of chemicals called polyphenols which aid in weight loss and also prevent accumulation of fat in the body.
7. Banana and Spinach: Bananas are rich in starch that makes you feel fuller and other minerals essential for a robust metabolism. Pairing a calorie-dense yet nutrient-rich banana with a low-calorie spinach can work wonders for the metabolism. Wondering how one can combine banana and spinach together? Make a green smoothie with banana, spinach, almond milk, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
8. Yoghurt and Fruits: Yogurt supplies abundant probiotics to strengthen the gut, and as we all know, a robust gut makes the whole weight loss process extra smooth. Having yoghurt with antioxidant rich berries and vitamins rich fruits provides ample nutrition to increase metabolism and burn off extra calories.
9. Salad with Nuts Toppings: Get the crunchy factor in plain and boring salad by crushing some almonds and walnuts, and this combination would keep you full for long, avoid unnecessary hunger pangs with the combination of fiber from the salad and healthy fats from the nuts.
10. Oats and Chia Seeds: Fiber is essential to lose weight and you can get loads of it from oatmeal and when you sprinkle chia seeds to a bowl of oats, the fat burning process receives a good boost with healthy fats from the seeds.
11. Egg and Spinach Omelette: An easy breakfast option, a handful of spinach leaves provide a good deal of fiber and vitamins to a rich protein source such as omlette.
12. Carrots with Olive Oil: As we all know, the body needs a good amount of fat to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K. Various studies have found a strong link between vitamin A and D deficiencies and weight gain. So, combining a healthy fat source such as olive oil with fat-soluble vitamins helps with better absorption and in treating such deficiencies. Cooking carrots in olive oil is one such combo where you get vitamin A and healthy fats together to help with the weight loss process.
You can find more of such healthy weight-loss friendly food combos on the diets on the Rati Beauty app, do check them out for more details.