While bread and jam might seem like the most convenient breakfast choice for busy individuals, including office workers and a popular option for packed lunches, it’s actually one of the least healthy options and can sabotage your weight loss goals. Experts advise steering clear of breakfasts high in sugar to prevent a sharp spike and subsequent drop in blood sugar and insulin, which can lead to hunger pangs shortly afterward. Including protein and healthy fats in breakfast and every other meal would keep you full for longer and also stabilize blood sugar, reducing the likelihood of frequent snacking and overeating during the day. Also, the choice of right kind of food can make your body fat adapted. Being “fat adapted” refers to a state in which your body primarily relies on stored fat as its primary source of energy rather than carbs available through the meals. As mentioned earlier, this state can be achieved by eating the right kind of food, cutting down carbs, exercising regularly, increasing protein, and including healthy fats in your diet without cutting out whole food group or giving up fruits and veggies. Here’s how:
How Fat Adaptation Would Lead To Weight Loss?
When you cut down refined carbs, increase protein and healthy fats, and stay in calorie deficit at the same time, your body would enter in a state of ketosis where it can use stored fat for energy instead of glucose (obtained from carbs). This process encourages your body to burn fat for fuel. When the body becomes fat adapted, individuals often experience reduced appetite and increased feelings of satiety. This would lead to decreased calorie intake, further contributing to weight loss. Additionally, in a fat-adapted state, there would be fewer spikes and crashes in blood sugar, which can reduce cravings for sugary and high-carb foods. When your body becomes fat adapted, you will notice less frequent hunger spikes, sustained energy, and also improved mental clarity.
With numerous advantages associated with achieving a state of fat adaptation, wouldn’t you like to discover which foods can help you reach this state? Let’s explore:
1. Egg: Eggs are an inexpensive and high-quality source of protein and healthy fats while being low in carbs. High in nutrients and satiating factor, eggs are one of the best foods to include in your weight loss diet.
2. Olive Oil: This oil provides healthy monounsaturated fats that encourage the body to utilize fats and also lower inflammation in the body. Replacing your regular cooking oil with olive oil would help you to boost your weight loss efforts.
3. Nuts Like Walnuts/Pistachios: Nuts like walnuts, almonds, pistachios, and even seeds like chia seeds and pumpkin seeds offer both protein and healthy fats along with loads of vitamins and essential minerals, most of which boost metabolism too. Also read: “6 Foods with Protein and Healthy Fats For Weight Loss.”
4. Almond Butter: Contains a high amount of healthy monounsaturated fats which support the body’s transition to using fats for energy. Its protein and fiber content also improves satiety and appetite control.
5. Avocado: Supplies healthy monounsaturated fats and few carbohydrates, supporting sustained energy and stable blood sugar levels in the body. Its high fiber content and essential nutrients further contribute to overall health and satiety.
6. Meat/Fish/Seafood: Meat, fish, and seafood offer high-quality protein and healthy fats while being low in carbohydrates. This combination encourages the body to rely on fats for fuel.
7. Broccoli: Broccoli is a low-carb vegetable, high on nutrients like carotenoids, vitamins, minerals, and also fiber. It is also a water-dense vegetable, aids in appetite control as well.
8. Mushroom: A low-carb vegetable, with fiber content helps stabilize blood sugar levels and helps with appetite control.
9. Bell Peppers: Bell peppers (yellow, red, green) are also low in carbs yet rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and do not cause sharp insulin spikes.
10. Cottage Cheese: It’s one of the best vegetarian sources of high-quality protein, which sustains energy for long hours, curbing appetite, and helping the body switch to stored fat to use up to generate energy.
Summing up, you don’t have to sacrifice food or go on an entirely “fat-based” diet to achieve a fat-adapted state; Rati Beauty diet plans enable weight loss by utilizing your body’s stored fat reserves effectively. Subscribe to the Rati Beauty app to access all your weight loss diet plans.