“Prevention is better than cure” is an age old saying that is still sticking around and for good reasons. I am talking about stretch marks here. Oh how we dread those tiger stripes (makes us feel like anything but a tigress :\). Stretch marks are caused when our body expands so suddenly that our skin doesn’t get time to grow proportionately and thus just stretches like a balloon. And when we get back to the original size, the inflated balloon shrinks. Be it due to exercise, growth years or pregnancy, stretch marks are not desirable. Here are foods you can consume to avoid stretch marks:
1. Collagen: Collagen provides the flexibility and resilience needed by skin to withstand stretching. Since collagen occurs naturally in the connective tissue of animals, bones (especially the marrow) should be your go to food to avoid stretch marks. They can be easily consumed as soups. Simmer bones in water mixed with chopped carrot and celery and herbs for several hours.
2. Healthy fats: They will provide added elasticity and promote healthy, glowing skin. Great choices include fatty fish like salmon or fish oil capsules, healthy oils like olive oil, flaxseed oil and coconut oil.
3. Vitamin A: It encourages the formation of new skin cells. Bright orange fruits and vegetables in general are loaded with Vitamin A. The best sources of Vitamin A are Sweet potato, Mango, Pumpkin, Carrot ,Spinach, Turnip, Red lettuce, Red peppers , Apricots, Cantaloupe, Goat cheese, Tuna, Herring, Mackerel, Clams, Salmon, Oysters, Cod liver oil and liver.
4. Vitamin E: It is essential for the repair of damaged skin. The best sources are Spinach, Tomato, Turnip, Red Pepper, Avocado, Wheat germ, Egg, Halibut, Herring, Sardines, Tuna, Almonds, Sunflower seeds, Almonds and their butter, Hazelnuts, Peanuts and their butter, Pine nuts, Sunflower oil.
5. Vitamin C: It helps the body produce new skin cells. Bell peppers, Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Kohlrabi, Cauliflower, Potato with skin, Sweet potato with skin, Asparagus, Turnip greens, Tomato, Guava, Papaya, Kiwifruit, Orange, Lychee, Strawberries , Pineapple, Grapefruit, Cantaloupe, Mango, Avocado, Berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) are all high in vitamin C.
6. Zinc: It encourages formation of collagen. Wheat germ, bran, Cheese, Yogurt, Milk, Liver, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken, Pumpkin seeds, Baked beans, Nuts (pine, peanuts, cashews, almonds), Lentils, Sunflower seed, Cashew butter, Tofu, Soy nuts, Tahini/sesame butter, Egg, Oysters, Crab, Cuttlefish, Lobster, Mussels, Anchovies, and Shrimp are rich in zinc.
7. And lastly, drinking water is very important. Well-hydrated skin is less prone to stretch marks. Eliminate any beverages that contribute to dehydration such as caffeine and sugary drinks.
Best Creams To Reduce Stretch Marks
Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
Vichy Complete Action Anti-Stretch Mark Cream
Stretch Marks: Cure and Treatment
Best Stretch Mark Creams and Lotions Available in India
Homemade Gel for Stretch Marks: Do-it-Yourself
Blood Type Diet| Diet For Your Blood Group
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
9 Super Foods for Healthy and Luscious Hair
Foods that Break Down the Belly Fat
Iron Rich Foods For Faster Hair Growth
Top 10 Beauty Foods
Top 15 Stretch Marks Removal Creams and Oils in India
How to Use Bio Oil for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks