Claims : “Deep cleansing facial polisher also include scrubs with rich Organic fruit, roots, herbs and vegetables. These are natural exfoliators which leave the skin soft smooth and glowing.
Nourishes • Exfoliates • Polishes
This nourishing face scrub, hand-pounded to the right consistency, blends fresh organically grown dates, peaches and apricots with rich apricot kernel oil, pure honey and finely milled almonds to gently exfoliate dull cells, revealing a beautifully polished and glowing complexion. With an intensive conditioning action and packed with antioxidants, it is the ultimate skin food.
• Recommended for all skin types.”
Price : Rs 1175
I love face scrubs a lot. I have normal to dry skin. I feel my skin behaves much better when I exfoliate my skin regular as opposed to when I don’t. So I make sure to scrub my face twice or thrice a week.
I have been using this Forest Essentials Facial Scrub for a few weeks now and I love it. The first selling point for me for all Forest Essential products is their ingredients list. You read the ingredients and you want to indulge in the products. Now the catch is that only 38% of the list mentioned consists of the nicey-good ingredients and the rest 62% is some base QS of which no info is mentioned about. You may read more about ‘QS’ HERE.
Anyhoo, the scrub is excellent. It looks like Chawanprash and has pretty much a consistency like the same – gooey-sticky. You have to apply it on your wet face or else it would be difficult to spread. The scrub particles in the scrub are not consistent ( since it is an ayurvedic preparation) so be careful while using it. Some particles may be too harsh. I always keep a mild to medium pressure with my finger tips and it helps in getting rid of the dead cells , especially around my nose area. With regular usage, it removes black heads and white heads to a great extent. But if you have very heavy black heads, this scrub may not be effective for the same. I suggest that you get your black heads removed at the salon in that case or use a coarser scrub especially for the nose area.
It smells of freshly crushed rose petals mixed in a fruity pulp. 😛 The fragrance is very organic…nothing perfumed or artificial. You have to make a bit of effort at cleaning it up, especially take care to wash it off completely from the sides of the face. It comes in a jar form – not a fan. You don’t need a ton of product in one go. With just a bit of water, it spreads wonderfully and does the job well. My skin feels smoother and cleaner after using this. I have to follow it up with a moisturizer or else my skin starts feeling a bit stretchy.
Overall, I find the product super excellent. It keeps my skin in very good condition. I think this product will work for all skin types. This product definitely gets a good heads up from me. 🙂
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : 4.5/5