WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How to Get Fair Skin Permanently
In a country like India, where the color of the skin matters a lot and where fairness creams fly off the beauty aisles like hot cakes, and apps to alter complexion in selfies get downloaded every minute, a post like “how to get fair skin permanently” is much requested. However, we would like to clarify at the outset, our intention is not to look down upon any skin color. Our post is for help people who suffer from blotchy complexion, uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and age spots. This post would help you brighten up your skin and clear away patchiness and any discoloration. Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone are caused by excessive melanin production and deposition on the skin. Melanin is the pigment that decides the color of our skin, if there’s less melanin, the skin is usually pale and white. The amount of melanin in our body is decided by genetic factors. Some treatments and procedures can only bring in a little change, but sometimes, excess melanin production is triggered by exposure to sun and to chemicals. In such cases, skin can become darker than usual and blotchy in complexion. In this post, we are going to tell you in detail “how to get fair skin permanently.”
Procedures To Get Fair Skin Permanently:
1. Chemical peels: Usually alpha hydroxy acid peels, TCA peels, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and lactic acid peels are used by doctors to lighten skin tone, to correct melasma and hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels penetrate deeply into the skin and clear away hyperpigmented patches and discolorations.
2. Laser treatment: Laser is used widely to treat hyperpigmented, scars, and uneven skin tone. CO2 laser and Erbium lasers are the most popular laser treatments that are used to lighten skin tone. Laser shows quick results, within a few sittings and is the most effective way to lighten skin tone. Laser treatment costs somewhere from 40,000 INR to 80,000 INR.
3. Glutathione injections: Glutathione injections are done by expert doctors and only a doctor can determine whether to give you glutathione injection or not, and to determine if you are the correct candidate for such a treatment.
4. Glutathione with vitamin C orally: Glutathione is most effective when taken in combination with vitamin C.
5. Vitamin C: Vitamin C can lighten and brighten complexion when taken both orally and applied topically. Pick vitamin C serums and topical ointments with vitamin C to reduce melanin.
Skin Whitening Ingredients To Get Fair Skin Permanently:
Most of these ingredients get rid of hyperpigmentation, melanin, uneven skin tone and make skin bright in the process. These skin creams work by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase which is important for melanin production in the body. See if your doctor can prescribe you creams containing glutathione, tretinoin, kojic acid dipalmitate, vitamin C, ascorbic acid, resorcinol, arbutin, retinol, alpha arbutin, azelaic acid, mulberry extract, liquorice, bearberry extract, white mulberry extract, rosehip extract, lactic acid, glycolic acid etc.
Skin Whitening Creams To Whiten Skin:
- Salicylic acid – Sebonac, Sebogel
- Licorice extract – Xinbest, Dermaquest
- Kojic acid – Depiwhite
- Niacinamide – The Ordinary 10% Niacinamide with Zinc, Xinbest, Dremz Ultra, Sebogel, Obril, Melaglow Rich, Kojiglo Forte.
- Kojic acid dipalmitate – Xinbest, Britelite, Carofit Ultra.
- Arbutin – Dremz Ultra, Carofit Ultra
- Glycolic acid – Britelite, Glyco 6
- Lactic acid – Carofit Ultra
- Retinoid – Retino A 0.025%
- Vitamin C – VC 15 serum, Dr. Reddy’s Revibra, homemade vitamin C serum, The Ordinary Vitamin C 23% + HA 2%
- Resorcinol – Tri O Bloc, Obril, Fairlite
What Not To Use To Get Fair Skin:
- Stay away from hydroquinone and other bleaching agents because long-term use of hydroquinone can cause thinning of the skin and also blue grey patches.
- Stay away from steroid creams which can harm your body if taken for prolonged periods.
- DO NOT use clobetasol propionate to whiten your skin. It’s a strong corticosteroid and can have serious side effects if not taken for its intended purpose.
- Do not use skin bleaching creams, they can cause irreparable damage.
- Do not use skin creams with mercury as ingredient, it has been banned all over the world because of its dangerous effects.
- Baking soda is not for skin, it will provide just temporary results and will damage your skin in the long run.
Can Glutathione Make Your Skin Fair?
We hear so much about glutathione when it comes to skin whitening, but do you know, glutathione is a strong antioxidant. Glutathione is made of three antioxidants, which detoxifies body and gets rid of free radicals in the body, which means our cells would be without any damage. Glutathione inhibits the activity of tyrosinase and slows down melanin production in the body. Regular use of glutathione lightens the skin tone considerably. Most doctors use glutathione injections on patients to lighten their skin tone and some doctors do prescribe oral glutathione tablets. In both cases, in fact in all cases, a certified doctor should be consulted and their permission sought for any kind of treatment. Self medication is extremely dangerous and not at all advised. If you buy glutathione over the counter, overdosage can cause serious injuries and you can even lose your life. So, always consult your doctor and ask him/her about glutathione.
Home Remedies to Get Fair Skin Permanently:
Here are some home remedies and natural face pack that can give you fair skin with regular use:
1. Take one tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of almond oil and 1 tsp of milk powder. Mix together and apply evenly on the face. Rinse off after keeping it on for 20 minutes on face and neck. Do this regularly to whiten your skin.
2. Take 2 tsp of curd/yogurt, mix 1 tsp of besan and 1 tsp of turmeric. Drop in two to three strands of saffron and keep in the fridge overnight. Apply it first thing in the morning on clean face. Wash off after 20 minutes.
3. Mix 2 tsp of chickpea or besan and 1 tsp of turmeric. Apply on the face evenly, keep for 20 minute and rinse off.
4. Tomato is a natural bleaching agent. It brightens up skin with regular use. Take 2 tsp of tomato juice, add a bit of cucumber juice or extract, a bit of rose water and squeeze in some lemon to make a smooth paste. Apply on the face evenly and wash off after 30 minutes.
5. Orange has high vitamin C content which lightens and brightens skin. Take 2 tsp of orange juice and apply it on the face with a cotton ball. You can mix a bit of honey to increase the effectiveness of this mask.
6. Potato can get rid of skin discoloration and uneven skin tone. Mix fresh potato extract with a bit of rice powder and add curd or yogurt to make a paste. Apply on the skin evenly and rinse off after 20 minutes.
7. Rice powder and turmeric both are effective and brightening and whitening skin naturally. Make a smooth paste by mixing 1 tsp of turmeric in 2 tsp of rice powder. Add rose water to make a smooth paste and apply on the skin evenly, rinse off after 20 minutes.
How To Make Homemade Rice Cream For Fair Skin:
Take four tsp of organic rice (because it’s free of pesticides). Grind it into a smooth powder. Add 2 tsp of yogurt to this powder. Mix well. To loosen this cream a bit, add a bit of rose water. Transfer the contents into an air-tight tub and store in the fridge. Apply this cream to the face daily before going in for a shower. Do not use harsh soap or cleansers. Regular use will make you fair, but remember to make a new batch of cream every week.