Hair is defined as a woman’s crowning glory but not all kind of hair look fabulous on the head. We spend hundreds of bucks to get the hair of our dreams, but what if you spot some wispy hair sticking out at the forehead or at the sides of the cheeks when you look at the mirror? Doesn’t it mar the whole look? These tiny hair are called baby hair. It is also not as if all women who have baby hair want to get rid of them, but some women do find baby hair annoying and want to get rid of them. In this post, we are going to tell you how to remove baby hair from your forehead.
What is Baby Hair?
Have you seen small strands of hair on your forehead that do not have specific structure or rate of growth? These are called baby hair. They appear as natural curls of hair on the top of your forehead. The texture of baby hair differs from person to person and mostly your genetics will define the type of baby hair that you grow.
What causes Baby Hair on Forehead?
Here, we will tell you about the underlying reasons that can result in baby hair on your forehead. Take a look:
1. Genetic tendency: Your genes play an important role in forming and designing your body parts. Similarly, the pattern of growth of baby hair on your forehead is also caused by genes.
2. Pulling out Hair: This is a behavioural pattern that causes growth of baby hair. If you have the tendency to pull out hair often from the forehead area, you will end up having baby hair.
3. Using Cap or Hat: Chances are that if you are prone to wearing cap or hat, the hair that grows on your forehead would be under constant friction and lose their original shape and texture, and turn wavy or curly.
4. Tying Tight Ponytails: Do you love to tie your hair tightly? Then this will invite growth of baby hair.
Why is it necessary to Remove Baby Hair?
Baby hair might look attractive on people with large forehead, but can become a matter of discomfort for some. Being tiny, they have the tendency to trap moisture from the skin and can make you feel uncomfortable. Other than that, when you use some skincare product on your face, baby hair stick to the forehead and cause irritation. Additionally, if you expose yourself to sunlight every day, the skin of forehead around these baby hairs become dry. So, it is a decent idea to get rid of them by removing them.
How to Get Rid of Baby Hair?
You can use both natural as well as surgical methods to get rid of baby hairs. While natural methods take time to show results, surgical methods are more effective and also give long-lasting effects.
Temporary Methods of removal:
1. Shaving: Shaving is one of the easiest and fastest methods of hair removal and can be easily done at home. In this process, you have to use a razor and shaving cream. Make sure to use the razor properly, otherwise it might cause injuries.
2. Dermaplaning: This is similar to shaving but is a professional version of the same. In this process too, a razor is needed to perform the removal. The razor is held extremely close to the skin and involves a lot of precision to prevent injuries.
3. Hair Removal Creams: Using hair removal creams seem to be the breeziest way to get rid of unwanted hair and you can sue the same method to get rid of baby hairs from your forehead. All you need is a good hair removal cream. It is affordable, fast and painless however this method is not very effective on sensitive skin as it can trigger skin irritation due to chemical use and cause the abnormal growth of the hairs in other parts of the body.
4. Epilation: Epilating your baby hair is an effective way to get rid of them. This process uproots hair from deep within.
Here, we will mention different epilation techniques:
- Threading: This method involves a thread that is made to form an X-Shape. It should be done by a professional.
- Tweezing: One of the simplest epilation methods, it involves the use of sterilized tweezers to pluck hair directly from the roots. It might be painful but all this effort is worth giving a shot.
- Waxing: This process makes use of waxing strips and cold or hot wax applied to the surface. However, there is a downside of this method as people with very sensitive scalp that is usually affected by dandruff can be harmed by this process. As your skin is really sensitive, so when wax touches the surface, it might cause damage to the hairline.
- Sugaring: This method mainly makes use of homemade recipes to get rid of baby hair. It uses rough ingredients which when rubbed against the hair strands create friction that ultimately results in hair elimination.
Take 3 tablespoons Honey, 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice, water and mix it together to form a paste
Apply on the clean area of your forehead in the opposite direction of your hair growth
Let it dry for sometime
Wash with cold water and pat dry
Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar, lemon juice and some water together
Apply this mixture on your clean forehead against the direction of hair growth
Leave it for another 15 Minutes
Wash off with cold water and dry it all up
Blend an egg white with some sugar and cornflour.
Mix them well until they form a paste
Apply this face mask on your forehead on regions where you have baby hairs
peel it off after 20 Minutes in the opposite direction of hair growth
Add 2 Teaspoons of water to 2 teaspoons of Yogurt, and mix it up to make a paste
Apply this paste on your forehead and keep it for 15 Minutes
Wash the hair with lukewarm water and repeat this twice a week
Permanent Methods of Baby Hair Removal:
Permanent methods of hair removal are also known as permanent epilation that destruct hair follicles from their roots, inhibiting any further growth. Even though these methods are quite expensive, they are really effective for complete removal of baby hair.
- Laser removal: Laser light is focussed on areas of hair growth. The light gets converted into heat energy and penetrates through the hair follicles and melanocytes in the hair. This heat energy kills hair root and slows down its growth. This method has its own side effects, so consult your dermatologist before going for such treatments. As a side effect, it may cause abnormal growth in other areas. This method mostly works on dark baby hair.
- Electrolysis: This method can help to destroy baby hair permanently and can be used on all hair types. It uses electric charges to the different hair shafts, thereby destroying each individual hair follicle from its root. It can be a very time-consuming process, but it is really effective on all types of hair.
Hope you got a clear idea on how you can remove baby hair from your forehead. While surgical methods are more effective, natural remedies are safer to follow. But the choice is finally up to you to choose your desired approach. Thanks for reading!!