Hello beautifuls. 🙂
Hope all of you are in the pink of your health. Today I am here to share my most loved and used up red lipstick from Giorgio Armani rouge ecstasy collection which is a gift from my hubby. This is my super late b’day gift which came to me last month. Actually my hubby is one & only piece on earth, he amazes and annoys me with his weird surprises. I am in the habit of bearing his surprise gestures which are either super in advance or super duper late, but never on time haha.. 😛 However, his weird surprise timings often land him in trouble, especially when I start bugging him with questions; who told you to get it? Who helped you to select this shade, what if I don’t like it? blah blah.. 😛 He often exclaims that “tum ladies ko kuch naa do to chain nahi par kuch de do to b kaunsa chain lene deti ho kisi ko”.. 😉 But then he never stops his surprise gestures as well, which are integral part of my love life now!
Anyways let’s get back to this beautiful sizzling red lipstick. I already own another hot shade Scarletto from rouge ecstasy collection and to my surprise this hot red slightly resembles scarletto, though it is more tending to be blue based true red unlike former fuchsia pinkish red lipstick. So, please read on further to know more about Giorgio Armani rouge ecstasy hot 401.. ☺
Price: $34 for 0.14 Oz (4.4 g), exclusive of taxes and shipping
My Experience with Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Rich Lipcolor, Hot 401
The shade “Hot” seems perfect blue based bright red with no shimmers, and is just apt for every fair/ medium skin tone. It adds glow to my face like anything without looking loud or gothic surprisingly well that’s what we call a Giorgio Armani probably! I feel very comfortable while wearing it in bright day light for prolong hours which also signifies that this particular shade stays for good 5 + hours on my lips with multiple tea/water breaks and light meals. However it easily rinses off with one heavy meal leaving behind soft red stain which is also easily removable!
It gives me complete opaque, semi glossy finish for initial few hours, after which it transfers onto a creamy gel like stain which stays put for another good hours. I need just 2-3 swipes for buildable color pay off and it hides my light pigmented lips as well. Hence I am sure this hot red will do complete justice to pigmented lips. Like any other Giorgio Armani shade, it can be worn with multiple swipes without looking cakey or any bleeding issues. It does not settle on my lip crevices nor does it feather around my lip area it just adheres on my skin like second skin. I never used lip balm beneath this lip color. Moreover I feel lip balm usually affects its pigmentation on lips though for a glossy tint it can be worn over lip balm. But I don’t like to wear it that way though it would work for the beauties those are yet to discover charm of bold red lips!
I feel it is not excessive hydrating but it is not drying on lips either. I feel comfortable wearing it alone for good 6-8 hours and even after removing it off I feel soft supple lips for good hours. It applies like dream on my lips; it would not accentuate dry lips though I fear it might look uneven on dry patchy lips after few hours especially once the glossy finishing fades onto stain. I just love it for its intense red pigmentation and glossy finishing which is totally classy and luxurious. Over all I have nothing negative to talk about this gift from my soul mate.. ☺ I highly recommend this bright, cheerful red to every gal who loves bold and defined lips!
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Rich lipcolor in 401 Hot
• A beautiful blue based red lipstick with no shimmers
• It instantly glows up face and enhances over all skin tone
• The texture of lip color is neither excessive hydrating nor too drying just perfect for summers unlike other lip color which often melt in summers or are drying on lips
• It glides like butter on lips no matter they are dry or normal though it is always good to scrub lips prior of using any lip products
• It is completely opaque and intense pigmented lipstick which delivers exactly same shade as seen in bullet in just 1-2 swipes
• It hides light patches of my lips in one gentle swipe and is easily buildable in minimal strokes
• It is ideal for fair/medium beauties with pigmented lips as well
• It stays put for good 5+ hours with light snacks and tea/water break
• It wears off evenly after one heavy meal leaving behind pretty pinkish red stain which is easily removable
• It does not settle in fine lines nor it bleeds on my lips
• It never look cakey or build up no matter we swipe it once or multiple times
• I never felt need of lip balm while wearing it on lips for prolong hours and even after removing it off I feel soft and smooth lips
• Pretty classy, user friendly and travel friendly packaging
Cons of Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Rich lipcolor in 401 Hot
• It leaves deep significant marks on every cutlery and cups
• It might look patchy on dry/chapped lips after few hours once the glossy shine fades onto stain
Well I do not have any significant issues with this lipstick other than a few minor concerns which can be ignored. I whole heartedly recommend this wonderful shade to every fair/medium beauty including gals with pigmented lips. And this hot red is one such shade which I will always prefer buying again & again as I use them more often over other shades. For me this lipstick gets 5/5!
Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Lip Color – Lotus 507
Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Excess Moisture Rich Lipcolor – Scarlatto 502
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #4
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro – #401 Tibetan Orange