A limited-edition jelly blush with a foam applicator. This blush has an unusually fresh and soft jelly texture that easily melts on cheeks for a natural and buildable result. Formulated with non-sticky polymers, they are an ideal colouring agent in the formula to create varying looks from a discreet “pinched cheeks” appearance to a more intense, rosy glow. Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.
Size: 1 oz
- Customize your application according to your skin tone and your desired makeup.
- For a natural rosy glow, apply one coat on your cheeks and pat with your fingers.
- For more intensity, apply another coat once the first one has dried. This unique shade, very natural at the first application, adapts to every complexion.
This blush was a present to me with a whole lot of other stuff and I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. It retails for about 33 dollars at Sephora, but is a limited edition blush. This was my first time with a gel blush. I have used powder blushes and cream blushes, but the concept of gel was limited to eye liners for me. Coming from a brand like Givenchy, I was very excited to have this in my collection.
By looking at the applicator, the pink looks a very scary colour of pink, but when applied lightly, it just gives you that very natural glow. Kate Middleton and Kim Kardashian have been found to be using gel blushes for their very natural glow.
Called “a new beauty sensation on skin,” this blush was created by Nicolas Degennes, who wanted to create a playful must-have product that would offer a new “beauty sensation on skin.” Blush Gelée is a fresh and soft jelly texture that easily melts into the cheeks for a natural and buildable result. With a unique integrated soft foam applicator (all the rage right now) and a very soft and spongy end that slightly touches the skin to leave the ideal touch of “emotion” on cheeks, Blush Gelée should appeal to those who love cream blushes. A skin-like buildable result: a very natural fresh rosy glow on cheeks, for a healthy “pinched cheeks” look.
Pros of Givenchy Blush Gelee in Candide Pink:
- Just the right kind of blush for those who like using cream blush.
- It is in the gel form, so you take a little time getting used to it, but when you do, it doesn’t even feel or look like makeup on your skin because of the way it settles.
- It is a product meant for all skin types.
- Easily buildable intensity.
- The staying power is impressive. Once applied, it goes on for over 12 hours.
- The packaging is lovely. It comes in a black tube with a sponge applicator which makes the application smooth once you get used to it.
- The blush is limited edition, so it is an add-on for those who collect things like these.
- The colour is very buildable and it is very pigmented. In the swatch, it may have come more of a neutral colour under the light, but for real, it is very pink.
Cons of Givenchy Blush Gelee in Candide Pink:
- The product is a Sephora exclusive in America.
- One big bad thing is that I won’t spend this much on a blush, it is expensive.
- This blush will show only on very fair or pale complexions. It will not show as good on a NC42 skin tone as it would on a NC30 skin tone.
- Givenchy products all have this very weird smell to them, its almost undesirable plastic-like smell when you first open up the products and it lasts for several applications, ugh!
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
How To Apply Cream Blush
E.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
Best Shimmery Blush : Ask IMBB
MAC Springsheen Blush Review, Swatches, FOTD
Avon Smooth Mineral Blush in Perfect Plum
Street Wear Mineral Blush Rose Swirl
L’oreal True Match Blush Photos, Swatches
Bourjois Blush Rose de Jaspe Review, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
39 Pink Lipsticks for All Skin Tones