I hope you all had a lovely weekend however in Chennai it is still hot and humid. My weekend had finally helped me make peace with it as far as lipsticks go, more so with the reds and pinks.
Price: 36 USD.
Quantity: 0.12 oz/3.4 g.
My Experience with Givenchy Carmin Escarpin 306 Le Rouge Lipstick:
While I am still getting adjusted to reds and hot pinks, this lipstick was the one that made me believe that it is now or never. A beautiful semi matte red lipstick that is tomato red color with coral undertones that goes perfectly well with black be it the luxury leather case that it comes in or a black leather jacket. In my case, it was a black georgette tunic with gold sequins and tapered blue denim. With my highlights this shade of Le rouge is perfect for daylight and summer. So if you are one of them, who goes strictly with balms or glosses or said “nay” to bold lipsticks, well here is a thought. There is a first time to everything. Be bold. You can nail it!
As far as this lipstick goes, there is no room for mess. The packaging is neat and tight and so is the bullet that makes this lipstick travel friendly. Plus the packaging can be quite a catch in your kit for the on lookers.
I was a little hesitant to go with the shade as it is belongs to the family of reds. I love reds but with lipsticks I am extra careful and very picky. Confidence was the key. I told myself, “A woman is as beautiful as she thinks”. So with minimal eye makeup (kajal, liner and compact powder dabbed) I could pull this shade off and now guess what I am beginning to like it.
Pros of Givenchy Carmin Escarpin 306 Le Rouge Lipstick:
• The luxury leather case and neat packaging makes it travel friendly.
• Givenchy’s symbol engraved on the lipstick is sure a catch.
• Finish – semi-matte, single swipe does the work.
• Texture – creamy, non-sticky, does not feel heavy on the lips.
• Very good pigmentation.
• As per preference (for color/duration/look), more than a single stroke can be can be done.
• A great base to be paired with.
• Highlights complexion which is a great pro.
• Excellent lasting power. Lasts almost throughout the day, although touch ups are required.
Cons of Givenchy Carmin Escarpin 306 Le Rouge Lipstick:
• Availability in India.
• Not an everyday wear shade.
• Requires a makeup remover, to be thoroughly removed from lips. Water alone does not help.
• Smells like any other lipstick. Could have had a mild aroma it. A delicate flavor like MAC’s New York Apple.
IMBB Rating: 4.9/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Givenchy Carmin Escarpin 306 Le Rouge Lipstick?
I would highly recommend it for the ones who prefer bold and bright shades. This particular one shade could be a change in case you own rustic reds. If red is not a part of your kit and neither is orange, this is a must own. I would repurchase a shade of brown from the same range.
If you want a bold look or if you are looking for a change other than the regular reds, this Le rouge can do justice. A potential best friend for red lipstick lovers.
• Go for a single swipe if you are not certain.
• For a subtle look, go for minimal eye and face makeup keeping the lipstick as the primal focus which would help to highlight your complexion.
• To achieve a simple yet stylish look, pair this shade with black, turquoise colored outfits.
• To obtain a bold, diva like look, pair this shade with gold color based outfits or neons with a bold neck piece or a choker for any special occasion coming along you way.
Givenchy Amarige Eau De Parfum Spray
Givenchy Ange Ou Etrange Eau De Toilette
Givenchy Lip Liner Pencil – Lip Rouge
Makeup Shopping: Lakme, Maybelline, Colorbar, Givenchy
L’oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Tender Berry (519)
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick – Always Apricot
Lancome Le Rouge Absolu Bordeaux Lipstick
Rouge G de Guerlain Le Brillant Jewel Lipstick Compact Bella
Chambor Silk Touch Lipstick – Silk Rose
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Soft Silver Rose
L’Oreal Color Riche Natural Lipstick in Velvet Rose
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color Lipstick – Rose Blossom
Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick – Eternal Rose
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick Desert Rose
6 thoughts on “Givenchy Carmin Escarpin 306 Le Rouge Lipstick Review”
Very pretty shade Rama.. I like your tips. This shade would look amazing with a LBD 😀
TY Garima 😀 This shade with an LBD is what I look forward to sport sooner 🙂
Looks so creamy and glossy, good pick Rama 🙂
TY Jomol 🙂
Amazing Rama, great lipstick and so glossy!
TY Neha 🙂 and saw your amazing lipstick collection. It was really something, 20 if am not wrong. Wow. I am on the hunt for a nice chocalatey brown one. I liked Bronx from em 🙂