Hi Everyone, 🙂
From this week onwards, I am starting reviews of all the products I bought during my France and Italy trip. I took my own time to go go through all the products again and again before I start posting the reviews. Hope you enjoy reading them. 🙂
Claims : This universal opalescent primer reveals and intensifies radiance to enhance the complexion. Its long-lasting creamy formula refines pores and smooths the complexion for healthy-looking skin. Highly moisturizing, it leaves the skin comfortable and protected. Use it either under a Givenchy foundation to set makeup while illuminating it or alone for a radiant smoothed effect.
What else you need to know:
The formula’s soft-focus particles diffuse light reflections so that skin looks smooth and flawless. The combination of a high-performance emulsifier and numerous polyols moisturizes the skin. The skin cells are fully hydrated and therefore more transparent, which enhances the skin’s capacity to reflect light and effectively boosts skin radiance.
Price : For 30 ml USD 39 / INR 2,300 approx
My Experience with Givenchy Mister Smooth Smoothing Primer :
My jar of Bobbi Brown Primer is almost coming to an end so either I would have repurchased it or picked up something new. Well! a part of my job is always to try out new stuff so I did. I tried this at Sephora at the back of my hand. My skin felt sooo smooth, I had to pick it up. In a way it reminded me of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.
I have to say that I absoluteeeely love this primer.
Pros and Cons :
- It comes packed in a simple white fuss free tube. The nozzle is quite narrow so it is very easy to control the amount of product that you want to use.
- The texture is like lightweight cream that spreads easily on skin and creates that perfect smooth layer for your foundation.
- There is zero drying time. You apply it and you can apply your foundation instantly on top of it.
- The finish is neither greasy nor drying. It almost gives that softness to the skin as if you have applied a thin veil all over your face that would give you that airbrushed look.
- The cream is white in color but goes on transparent without interfering with the color or the texture of your foundation.
- I personally can’t smell any prominent fragrance to it, which I absolutely love.
- It reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines.
- A little goes a long way. Just apply it in section and smooth it away without your finger tips in an outward direction. Don’t try to rub it in the way you rub your face cream. You almost create a veil on your skin to make it appear smoother.
- It makes your foundation look fresh all day /night long.
- The primer would neither give you a dewy or matte finish but it would give you that perfect smooth finish. If you have oily skin and you are looking for something that mattifies your skin, this may not be for you. But if pores and fine lines is your problem, this is the one to go for. I would still put it on the matte side only because it is not a brightening primer for sure.
- I have dry skin so sometimes if my skin is dehydrated, I end up getting the dry patches on my skin. This prevents all such issues. It feels so comfortable on skin.
- The cons would be the availability and that it contains silicon. It is the silicons that is giving the primer almost an airbrushed look to the skin. I would say that it may not be your everyday primer but for photographs and your special occasions, it is just BRILLIANT.
Overall, if you can get hold of this, you MUST. It is definitley one of the very good primers I have come across. It makes you forget that you have issues with your skin. I have used this primer in these pictures and for a while I kept wondering what was working so well on my skin. 😛 After a few more tests and trials I knew the answer. 🙂
Rating : 4/5
Givenchy Photo’Perfexion Fluid Foundation Review
Givenchy Amarige Eau De Parfum Spray
Givenchy Ange Ou Etrange Eau De Toilette
Givenchy Very Irresistible EDT
Givenchy Magic Kajal Eye Pencil
Givenchy Croisiere Fuchsia 309 Le Rouge
Givenchy Le Rouge –#205 Fuchsia Irresistible
L’oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer Review
Skin Primer : Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer Review