WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Uses of Glycerin for Hair and Skin
Glycerin is a natural emollient and humectants that helps to keep skin hydrated and moisturised. Its ability to draw oxygen into the skin has a cooling effect on it. So, without going further into more scientific aspect of this great product, let me just bring to your notice some ways in which you can make the best of it for your skin and hair.
Benefits for hair:
• Make a hydrating glycerin hair spray by mixing equal quantities of vegetable glycerin and water. You can add few drops of an essential oil of your choice. Shake well and spray on damp hair like a leave in treatment to get soft and manageable hair.
• Take 1 tbsp of castor oil in a bowl and beat it well. Add 1 tsp of glycerin and 1 tsp of cider vinegar .Mix all the ingredients well and then apply it on the roots of your hair, massage well. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. Do so once a week to get shiny, strong and healthy hair.
• Take 1 egg, 2 table spoons of castor oil, 1 tea spoon of glycerin and 1 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix all the ingredients well and then apply this mask from roots to the tip of your hair. Massage well and then wrap your hair with warm towel. Leave for 40 minutes and then wash your hair with mild shampoo. Apart from hair moisturizing benefits of glycerin, it also greatly helps to strengthen the hair, which leads to less breakage of the hair, and less formation of split ends.
Word of caution: Do not use glycerin right after using a permanent dyes, semi-permanent dyes or colours on the hair as glycerin can easily dissolve and remove these colours and accelerate the inevitable fading process.
Benefits for skin:
• Mix one part glycerin with one part honey and two parts water or milk. Apply it on your face using a cotton ball. Rinse off after 20 minutes. You can add oatmeal in this mixture to get a thicker texture that is easier to apply on the face. Let it stay for about 20 minutes and then gently scrub it off from your face. Wash off with cold water. Tone and moisturize your skin as usual.
• Take the equal quantities of glycerin and rose water and store it in a clean bottle. Use this mixture as your night time moisturizer for your face, hand and feet. If you have oily or combination skin then add the equal quantity of lemon juice as well.
• Take 1tsp of multani mitti, 2 tsp of glycerin and 4 tsp of almond powder. Make a paste by adding water in these ingredients. Use this mixture on your face, concentrating more on the areas where you notice black heads. Let it dry completely and then gently scrub your face. Wash off with cold water and do not forget to tone and moisturize your skin as usual.
• Take equal quantities of vaseline and glycerin. Mix them well together and then apply it on your face and body. Let it stay overnight. This is an excellent moisturizer for people with extremely dry skin.
Word of caution: Avoid the overuse of undiluted glycerine in dry, non-humid climates as in such situations it will pull out moisture from your skin and hair, resulting in blistered skin and a brittle mane. Always dilute glycerin with carrier oils in such conditions.
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
6 Steps to a Happy Head
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
Hair Care 1: Structure of Hair
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
My Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner