Gold and Blue Grey Smokey Eye Tutorial
I thought I would do my first tutorial before the beginning of the festive season and see how it goes as a lot of you requested for it after my last EOTD. So, a BIG THANK YOU for the words of encouragement that helped me to muster up the courage to do this. :* Since it is the festive season, I have started putting a dash of gold in almost all my eye looks and since I love dark eye makeup, this gold and blue-grey look seemed to fall into sync perfectly. This is my first tutorial and I was very apprehensive while doing it – so in case you find it shoddy or not up to the mark – sowiiie *puppyface *
So, here goes:
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base.
- NYX Single Eyeshadow Peach Bronze.
- TBS Single Eyeshadow #42.
- NYX Single Eyeshadow Black.
- Highlighter – from the Covergirl Palette.
- MAC 217 and 219 brushes.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner – Blue Spark/MAC Smolder.
- L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara.
1. Bare eye – I have just used moisturizer. I don’t use an eye cream because my lids are extremely oily and I find it difficult to put makeup.
2. I prepped my eyes using the Essence Eyeshadow Base. I usually don’t use a concealer. But if you are using concealer, that should be done first, and then your shadow base.
I have used the base below my eyes as well, because I usually put a thick line of kohl in my lower lash line, and tend to blink a lot. This would prevent smudging and raccoon eyes.
3. Now, my eyes are ready and prepped.
4. I start with patting on a gold eyeshadow on my lids starting from the inner corner and cover a little over 3/4th of my lid just leaving space for the darker outer V. I bring the gold up to my crease and also put a thin line below my lower lash line 3/4th of the way with the MAC 219 brush.
5. Now, I fill up my outer V with a TBS dark blue-grey shadow (labeled #2 in the products picture). I have done that by using the MAC 217 blending brush.
6. As you all know, the most important part about any eye look is blending. So, I have blended out the outer V and brought a little bit of the color over half of my crease and also to line my upper lash line. I used MAC 217 to blend. It should look something like this:
7. Now, I put a little bit of Covergirl highlighter on my brow bone and blend it using the MAC 217 brush, again giving a look like this:
8. Finally, I just add a dash of my favorite NYX black eyeshadow – just a small dot on my outer V to darken it and blend it.
9. Add some kohl and mascara and you’re done! I am posting two pics below – first the finished look I got when I used the usual black kohl and smudged it out. Then, I thought of improvising it by using a blue eye pencil. So, posting the looks for both.
With blue eye pencil:
I liked the blue look better 😀
So, here is my first tutorial and I am biting my nails with nervous tension 😛
Do let me know if you liked it and I would be happy to do some more 😀
Thanks a ton for reading the loooong post!
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Diwali Makeup Tutorial – Glitterly Golden Blue Eyes
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Pretty Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Soft Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Golden Brown Eye Makeup Tutorial
42 thoughts on “Gold and Blue Grey Smokey Eye Tutorial”
hey this is surely a great tutorial 🙂 ur eyes are sooo nice… :lovely: bluee just brightens up ur face. 😀
Thanks a ton Sreya 😀
I agree the touch of blue seemed to brighten up the entire look!
Nice and neat
Thanks Shuchi 😀
you’ve got lovely eyes! and fab tutorial!
Thanks so much Parita 😀
I am happy the tute made sense
Absolutely lovely sweetheart! Will definitely try this out.. Ur eyes are FAB!:*:*
m blushing now – thanks a ton Aps!
wow what a change na 🙂
Change matlab grey to blue kohl na? Yes, it instantly brightened up my face 😀
thank you :*
Such easy 🙂
M glad you found it easy Kria, thanks!
ur eyes r very pretty 🙂 n loved the tut.. very easy n good 🙂
Awww thanks Poorva! Feels so nice to know that the tute turned out okay.
Utterly gorgeous AArbee..i like the 3rd last pic wit the smudged kohl..
u knw wat..now I’m tempted to share a tute 🙂
i need to get my photographer ready.. 😉
Thanks a bunch Rama! Oh yes, please share a tute soon 😀
Aarbee i love the shape of your eyes. It is so well defined and the tutorial was great.Pelase do more of them
Thanks so much Sandhya :*
I am so glad you liked the tute – will try to do more soon 😀
Wow….gorgeous makeup, tutorial and ur eyes… :whistle:
Thanks so much Rachana!
such pretty eyes u have and great EOTD! loved the last pic a lot!
Thanks Ila! Oh yes, that last pic is my fav too, turned out pretty well 😀
GR8!!tutorial u actly dn’t need any concealer wat a clear skin u have……love it:)
Thanks so much Parvi! I love the fact that you love it 😀
thanks Bhumika 😀
your eyes are very pretty and expressive Aarbee. 🙂 love your eotd. you should do a few more. 😛 i am definitely trying this tutorial soon.
You are such a sweetheart Surbhi! Thanks so much for the lovely words :*
Do try this and share with us soon 😀
I vl try it 4 sure. .thnx dear. .ur eyes luk gr8
thanks Neha! Share it with us once you’ve tried it – would love to see how it turned out 😀
Aarbee the eye makeup is gorgeous and u have done a fabulous job with the tutorial.. Love the step by step pictures and explanation.. Fantastic 😀
curious to know what blush n lippie u wud use with this eye makeup..
You always have something amazing to say Pia 😀 Thanks so much!
I would use a peachish blush like Melba (or Peaches from M*c for lighter girls) with this and a peachy nude lipstick to go with it (like Chestnut from F*ces) as the eyes are sort of dark and heavy – but would love to hear if you have any suggestions.
wonderful tutorial and you have made it just so easy Aarbee. loved it and your eyes
Great to know you found it easy Nidhi! Thanks so much :*
very very edgy. loved the combination of black blue and gold. Lovely tute.. :)) I would also like to know about the blush and lippy that you’d use. 🙂
Thanks a ton Rati! Blush mein toh I always like Peachy shades to go with bluish and heavy eye makeup – so would use Melba or Peaches and lippie would be something peachy n*de – n*de lips are just a personal preference for me when I put heavy eye makeup – but would really love to hear if you have any suggestions.
super gorgeous eye do aarbee 🙂 will surely try it out !
Thanks Sukanya! Do try and share the pics – m sure it would look fabulous on you!
Great tute Aarbee.. I wud have myself probably never tried out the blue pencil but guess will try now:)
Thanks so much Smita :*
Would love to see how it turns out on you with the blue touch 😀
lovely tutorial..n u hav so preety eyes…*_*..
woowww… sooo nice yaaaa….. especiallyyyy blue one…..<3 🙂 beeeaaauutiifulll 🙂 i ll surely try thz…:)
ur eyes rr pretty 🙂