I thought I would do my first tutorial before the beginning of the festive season and see how it goes as a lot of you requested for it after my last EOTD. So, a BIG THANK YOU for the words of encouragement that helped me to muster up the courage to do this. :* Since it is the festive season, I have started putting a dash of gold in almost all my eye looks and since I love dark eye makeup, this gold and blue-grey look seemed to fall into sync perfectly. This is my first tutorial and I was very apprehensive while doing it – so in case you find it shoddy or not up to the mark – sowiiie *puppyface *
So, here goes:
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base.
- NYX Single Eyeshadow Peach Bronze.
- TBS Single Eyeshadow #42.
- NYX Single Eyeshadow Black.
- Highlighter – from the Covergirl Palette.
- MAC 217 and 219 brushes.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner – Blue Spark/MAC Smolder.
- L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara.
1. Bare eye – I have just used moisturizer. I don’t use an eye cream because my lids are extremely oily and I find it difficult to put makeup.
2. I prepped my eyes using the Essence Eyeshadow Base. I usually don’t use a concealer. But if you are using concealer, that should be done first, and then your shadow base.
I have used the base below my eyes as well, because I usually put a thick line of kohl in my lower lash line, and tend to blink a lot. This would prevent smudging and raccoon eyes.
3. Now, my eyes are ready and prepped.
4. I start with patting on a gold eyeshadow on my lids starting from the inner corner and cover a little over 3/4th of my lid just leaving space for the darker outer V. I bring the gold up to my crease and also put a thin line below my lower lash line 3/4th of the way with the MAC 219 brush.
5. Now, I fill up my outer V with a TBS dark blue-grey shadow (labeled #2 in the products picture). I have done that by using the MAC 217 blending brush.
6. As you all know, the most important part about any eye look is blending. So, I have blended out the outer V and brought a little bit of the color over half of my crease and also to line my upper lash line. I used MAC 217 to blend. It should look something like this:
7. Now, I put a little bit of Covergirl highlighter on my brow bone and blend it using the MAC 217 brush, again giving a look like this:
8. Finally, I just add a dash of my favorite NYX black eyeshadow – just a small dot on my outer V to darken it and blend it.
9. Add some kohl and mascara and you’re done! I am posting two pics below – first the finished look I got when I used the usual black kohl and smudged it out. Then, I thought of improvising it by using a blue eye pencil. So, posting the looks for both.
With blue eye pencil:
I liked the blue look better 😀
So, here is my first tutorial and I am biting my nails with nervous tension 😛
Do let me know if you liked it and I would be happy to do some more 😀
Thanks a ton for reading the loooong post!
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Diwali Makeup Tutorial – Glitterly Golden Blue Eyes
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Pretty Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Soft Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Golden Brown Eye Makeup Tutorial