I did this eye look for karva chauth since I wore a green suit with some golden border and a brownish salwar. Granted I am too young to be married, I wanted to dress up with my mommy and aunties and all! Usually, my eye makeup is always in contrast to what I am wearing, but I decided to do this make-up for fun and it just seemed right.
The main products I used were Victoria Secret’s Mineral Eye Shadow Palette in Jungle heat, and the L’oreal Paris Lineur Intense Carbon Black eyeliner with random mascara. I initially thought this look would be complicated but it took me less than 5 minutes to do it, so I was really happy.
Anyways, this is what I did:
1) I started off with applying a drop of my foundation on my eyelid and rubbed it in gently.
2) I took a brush and wet it, and dipped into the golden shade (the first one on the left), and then applied it all over my lid. I repeated this step to make the golden pop. I did the same for my other eye.
3) I wetted my brush again, and dipped it into the green eye shadow (after the golden shade), and blended it upwards from my crease on both eyes. I blended it in till it had a semi-smoky effect.
4) Next, I took the brown shade (next to the green shade and second on the right) and blended it into the outer V of the eye only. I did this to give the look some definition.
5) I liked blending one of the shadows upwards and in the outer V, I thought it made a nice combination.
6) Then I lined my eyes with the L’oreal eyeliner and applied a very thin line just to accentuate my lash line a bit.
7) Lastly, I lightly glided some black eyeliner/kajal on my waterline. It is barely visible.
8) Then I took a flat eyeliner brush and dug lightly into the green eye shadow and applied it below my waterline and then smudged it as you can see in the pictures.
9) I topped it off with some mascara which just gave my lashes a natural look.
This is a very easy look, which I created from just one palette! It was something fun to try with something traditional! 🙂 I hope you like it! 🙂
Also, cute little mehendi design I made myself! Not that it was rocket science, but me likey!
28 thoughts on “Golden Green Eye Makeup Look”
OMGGGGGG!! That palette looks soooooooooooooo beautiful..and the look is just soooooooo :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ..Simply amazing!! Me louuuing your eyes Mahi!! 😀 😀 😀 …The color my eyes is sameeee!..sho sameeeeee pinchhhhhhhhh!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 …
yeah she reminded me of you. 🙂
awww…that is so cute!!! I can see your eyes in the picture and you are right! 😛 Your eyes are really pretty! 🙂
And thank you for the comment! 🙂 I love that palette! I love metallics and golds and all…that is basically all I use! 😛 Ha! 🙂
this looks nice. specially the palette looks great !!
I know! I adore it too! I am glad you liked it!
oh, u ppl hav got some really nice eye shadow palettes, i am envious. :-X :-X :-X
nice look btw. :yes:
Thanks Bulbul! This was originally 15 bucks, but I got it for 4 at VS annual sale! 😛 So I wont complain! 😛
such gorgeous eyeshadow palette….
and the look is so pwetty pweettiieeee :-* :-*
Thanks Jinal! That is so cute! 🙂
Mahi, you got pretty eyes! and you know what, when I was a little girl, I used to get all dressed up with mom too… and go to the pooja with her. Just to admire what all the aunties wore! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Mhmm…same pinch here! It is fun to do so! 🙂 But it is interesting how I have way more makeup than my mom! 😛
Nice colors in the palette..and the look is so beautifully done..very neat 🙂
Thanks so much, Preetha! 🙂
such lovely eyes u got….nice look
n loved ur palette…
Thanks Bhumika! 🙂 I love it too! Especially the Golden!
very pretty look….love your eyes 🙂
One question: Why wet the brush though?
Hey Monika! 🙂
I always wet the brush because it brings out more intensity and makes it much quicker! At least, that works for my eyes! When I use shadows dry, it takes me forever to get that intensity! Or maybe I am just biased! LOL! 🙂
Wow.. The palette is sooo gorgeous as are your eyes Mahi…
I loved the finished look…
Thanks so much, Mrunmayee! I have noticed you use metallic shades too and they look so pretty on your skin tone!
Beautiful look, Mahi. I love the shades. 🙂
Thanks so much, Rati! 🙂
Wow… nice shades !!
Cali, i was looking at mahi’s pics and i was thinking ‘i’ve seen these eyes on imbb before – caliiiiiiiiiiiiii’ and then saw ur first comment, i was right.. ur eyes colours r exactl the same !!!
lol! 🙂 I never noticed before, but I see a striking resemblance now! What color do you call them, cali? People are like it is amber brown hazelish something…and I never know what it is cuz the color changes! 😛
Real nice Mahi :-)) :-)) .Golds and Greens popular these days :yes:
Thanks so much, Sharon! I know…I am in love with metallic shades! 😛 Absolutely in love! 😛
WOW… ur eyes are soo pretty Mahi…. lovely look !!
Thanks Deeptima! The look is nothing compared to the ones you do, which I love btw! I am about to steal a few of them! 😛