I did this eye look for karva chauth since I wore a green suit with some golden border and a brownish salwar. Granted I am too young to be married, I wanted to dress up with my mommy and aunties and all! Usually, my eye makeup is always in contrast to what I am wearing, but I decided to do this make-up for fun and it just seemed right.
The main products I used were Victoria Secret’s Mineral Eye Shadow Palette in Jungle heat, and the L’oreal Paris Lineur Intense Carbon Black eyeliner with random mascara. I initially thought this look would be complicated but it took me less than 5 minutes to do it, so I was really happy.
Anyways, this is what I did:
1) I started off with applying a drop of my foundation on my eyelid and rubbed it in gently.
2) I took a brush and wet it, and dipped into the golden shade (the first one on the left), and then applied it all over my lid. I repeated this step to make the golden pop. I did the same for my other eye.
3) I wetted my brush again, and dipped it into the green eye shadow (after the golden shade), and blended it upwards from my crease on both eyes. I blended it in till it had a semi-smoky effect.
4) Next, I took the brown shade (next to the green shade and second on the right) and blended it into the outer V of the eye only. I did this to give the look some definition.
5) I liked blending one of the shadows upwards and in the outer V, I thought it made a nice combination.
6) Then I lined my eyes with the L’oreal eyeliner and applied a very thin line just to accentuate my lash line a bit.
7) Lastly, I lightly glided some black eyeliner/kajal on my waterline. It is barely visible.
8) Then I took a flat eyeliner brush and dug lightly into the green eye shadow and applied it below my waterline and then smudged it as you can see in the pictures.
9) I topped it off with some mascara which just gave my lashes a natural look.
This is a very easy look, which I created from just one palette! It was something fun to try with something traditional! 🙂 I hope you like it! 🙂
Also, cute little mehendi design I made myself! Not that it was rocket science, but me likey!