Okay, so just a little article on green juicing your way to ultimate beauty. I am a fitness freak, Jomol knows, ask her. Or me, hahhhaa. The first day Jomol called with full intention of pranking on me, I burst her balloon. I had already saved her number and spoilt it for her! We talked gallons. Fitness came up and I told her my view on it. Truth is, fitness is just as mental for me as it is physical. I need my exercise, I need my super foods and I need my juices. Lol, that sounds just wrong! Anyhoo, like Rati loves saying, green juices is one of my favourites! Green juices are juices made based on green vegetables and some fruits; keeping in mind that the vegetable contained should always be greater than that of fruits, as fruits contain high levels of sugar and thus lead to excess intake of glucose. A glass of green juice a day is plenty and it should preferably be drunk right in the morning for getting the best of it. Here are some recipes:
- 2 cups almond milk, 2 cups spinach, 2 cups strawberry, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon grated ginger to taste. Blitz it, drink it.
- A cup spinach, half a green apple; half a cup kale leaves, celery leaves and a cucumber. Blitz it, drink it.
- 2 cups spinach, 2 cups coconut water, 1 avocado, a cup of pineapples. Blitz it, drink it.
- 2 cups spinach, 2 cups coconut milk, a peach, a peeled orange. Blitz it, drink it.
1. Energy boost– Filled with antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and natural sugars; green juices boost your energy level as the natural sugars enter your blood stream that help you work better through the day and gives you better energy to workout effectively.
2. Weight loss– like I have said before, green juices help you workout effectively and efficiently due to boosted energy levels and thus, helps in a more effective weight loss. Green juice is also, mainly made up of vegetables over fruits that bring down the amount of calorie intake and thus, provides you with all the nutrients the body needs, even glucose; but at the optimum amount that helps boost energy to lose weight, not gain.
3. Happy skin, happy hair– since green juices are made with a variety of vegetables and occasional variety of fruits, the juice provides the nutrition required, which might not have been supplied for otherwise. It is not possible to eat all varieties of green veges and fruits, but is when you juice and drink them. The right nutritional levels help maintain a happy and thus, beautiful skin and also, hair.
4. Immunity– Green juices are made based on vegetables like kale, celery, broccoli and spinach. A study journal call the “Cell”, released in 2011 by the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, England reported on how cruciferous vegetables like broccoli contain a compound that boosts immunity and provides an extra layer of protection to the cells in the body.
So, keep drinking green juices, keep being fit and healthy!
Homemade Detox Drinks
Top 8 Tips For Clear Skin
Water : Health & Beauty Benefits
Easy and Effective Ways to Lose Weight
10 Health Tips Using Water
Health Benefits of Tea
Detoxification: Detoxify Your Body
How To Lose Weight The Healthy Way
Foods that Break Down the Belly Fat
10 Things Healthy People Do Every Morning
Is Green Tea Healthy Enough? – Think Again
Homemade Green Tea Ice Facial with Essential Oils and Toner
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist Review