Claims : retro inspired with a modern feel, the audacious color-intense lipstick grips the lips for bold, saturated color. The lipstick’s innovative formula contains a mix of waxes and resin for a sophisticated, weightless finish. the sculpted sharp-edged form was specially designed to give incredible coverage in a single swipe.
- intense color formula contains a mix of waxes and resin to grip the lips
- saturated with pigment for bold color payout
- signature gourmand ‘Blue Chocolate’ fragrance
- apply using the sharp edge of the bullet to contour the lips
- use with sleek contouring lip pencil, vibrant demi-glaze lacquer and lip brush 31
- dermatologically tested
Price : USD 39 / INR 2,500 approx
My Experience with Gucci Audacious Color-Intense Lipsticks:
Bitter Grape 240 : is a beautiful grape purple color with bluish sheen to it.
Rose Dragée 040 : is a stunning rose brown color with goldenish sheen. It could be a lovely MLBB shade for for a whole lot of people with medium to dusky skin tones. It’s a lovely n*de that does not make your look pale or washed out.
- The texture is thin and very lightweight. I like to layer on my lipsticks so no matter how many times i swipe these lipsticks on my lips they don’t feel heavy or cakey.
- The slight micro shimmer in the lipsticks gives a lovely sheen to the lipsticks.
- The lipsticks are suuuuper hydrating.
- Both the lipsticks neither smudged not smeared. I didn’t notice them settling in fine lines as well.
- One swipe gives an opaque coverage. Both of them are very pigmented. You can totally build up the color as well.
- The staying power of the Bitter Grape lipsticks is around 6 hours and it leaves a lovely deep pink stain behind. The staying power of Rose Dragée lipstick is around 4 hours and it pretty much disappears after that. But I love both the colors equally. 🙂
- Both lipsticks transfer easily but still stay put pretty well.
- The packaging is classic and has an old world charm to it. It’s black and gold from the outside. The lipstick tube has Gucci’s double ‘G’ logo engraved all over.
- These have a powdery fragrance (which apparently is a Blue Chocolate fragrance. I have no clue what that is) but they also have a weird soapy taste to them. It is not too strong for me and it fades away after a while. Honestly, it does not bother be until I am like literally licking my lips. But it could be bothersome for some people. If you ask me, I don’t think a taste such as this should have been there for such a high end lipstick.
Overall, I absoluuutely love these lipsticks. They almost feel nothing on lips and are so hydrating. The color selection is beautiful. I have been using some of them so much that the engraved ‘G’ on top of the lipsticks has completely disappeared. 😀 Definitley worth having one or two in your kitty. 🙂
Regarding being the best in the luxury segment? Well, someone has to work reallllly hard to beat Tom Ford lipsticks.
Rating : 4/5
FOTD : Everything on my face is used from Gucci’s makeup line. More reviews coming up soon! 🙂