Hope you are all doing great. Today’s review is going to be on Guerlain’s Rouge G De Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip color, the Luxury Jewellery Lipstick. Looks like this time I have opted for a berry pink shade called ‘Grenade 65’. Read to know how this creamy, berry lip color turned out to be.
Lipstick is reinvented in an exceptional jewel with Rouge G, a subtle balance of intense colour and the comforting pleasure of a creamy lip balm. Behind this magical creation is an astounding formula: the unique combination of ruby powder for spectacular radiance, hyaluronic acid spheres for perfectly smoothed lips and wild mango butter for lasting hydration.
Lips are intensely coloured, perfectly smoothed, moisturised and plumped up. For excessively perfect lips!
A truly exceptional palette, lip glamour comes in 20 colourful shades as luxurious as they are radiant.
Rouge G also comes in four Rouge G Le Brillant shades to dress lips in a luxurious scintillating effect.
The light, delicate scent of a vanilla “floriental” leaves its incomparable mark on Rouge G de Guerlain. Top notes sparkle with a lemon, orange and bergamot accord. The rose and iris heart exudes sweetness. The vanilla and tonka bean dry-down gives Rouge G all of its intensity.
Apply directly to the lips daily or, for a more sophisticated look, apply using a brush after outlining the lip contour with the Guerlain Lip Liner.
USD 53/INR 3385 (approx) for 0.12 oz (3.5 g)
My Experience with Guerlain Grenade Rouge G De Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip Colour:
I call it the ‘jewel lipstick’ for obvious reasons. For starters, the packaging is breathtaking. Looking at the case and feeling it your hand can pretty much make your day. It is there on my dresser and definitely in my purse or clutch that makes me feel like a pampered princess (smiles). I felt a rush of adrenaline during my first application and the very first stroke spelt creamy, but not highly pigmented. An unrealistic level of pigmentation that a lip product can offer felt to be a biggest con for me, but this proved to be otherwise.
The packaging, price tag and the quantity that comes with it can be deceptive and can lead to thoughts such as this could one of those lipsticks which would last until night, that would need a remover, would be completely transfer proof with high levels of pigmentation, but all of that is false! It is working at least in my favor because I am more happy and convinced to own products that are more natural or ‘make-believe natural’ looking lipsticks.
The above statement could be a paradox. This lipstick has its own cons stated below like any other nominal product, the biggest disadvantage being the heavy price that the princess has to pay. It sure is worth every penny and ‘Grenade 65’ is a delicate jewel, unlike the quite bulky case that it comes in.
Being very creamy, moisturizing with an unintimidating pigmentation and finish that it offers, it makes more of an everyday color and is so creamy that it can melt in your hand, also very hydrating, you might run out of the product in no time. All the shades that this range has to offer are pretty much wearable everyday colors so again I therefore find the quantity offered to be a little bit disappointing and honestly I had hoped for more, looking at the case. They could have offered an ounce more for the price we pay. I have pretty much used a lot of it already and I look forward to get at least two more from the same range.
Makes a perfect steal, party wear lipstick. While others are busy envying the beauty in your vanity, ensure you handle the lipstick with care and grace, for everything about the lipstick has an edge of elegance to it. The lipstick case might be heavier than the actual product. Although you will be busy loving it for multiple reasons and will find no time to complain. I find the fragrance and other claims to be not so true, but not entirely false!
It does carry a mild fragrance to it, but that is barely noticeable or appealing at least for the ones who can sniff. I am kind of hooked onto pinks lately or maybe I have always been (that is what my vanity says), but at least currently I am on a pink spree and that is how this Grenade happened. You could go for your own comfortable colors and make the best out of money that you pay for.
My apologies for these not very appealing lip swatches as my lips were quite strained and therefore entire justice could not be done. I hope you are happy with the hand swatch.
Pros of Guerlain Grenade Rouge G De Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip Colour:
• Luxurious packaging – lipstick case is a black Guerlain box containing a sleek, black velvet pouch, and the lipstick to be a silver pocket case with Guerlain embossed on both and the magnetic lipstick lid containing a built-in mirror
• Texture- semi-matte that is smooth, creamy and light on the lips
• Has a hydrating impact on the lips
• Gives medium to full coverage to the lips
• Color – Grenade 65 is a beautiful, creamy, subdued shade of berry pink
• Safe, everyday, light lipstick, perfect for office
• Not heavily or unbelievably pigmented (which is a pro for me)
• Although it has low staying power, does not leave the lips with any flakes or bits. With the soft tinge of the color left behind, it is easy to re-apply
• Fragrance –mild and barely noticeable; does not contain heavy flavour or chemical like smell to it
• Travel friendly and highly purse friendly
Cons of Guerlain Grenade Rouge G De Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip Colour:
• Luxury price tag
• Availability in India
• Could melt under very hot weather conditions
• Could have offered an ounce more of the product for the case that it comes in
• Must use a lip liner for precise application
• Transfers a wee bit
• The floriental fragrance claim is not so true which could a bummer for people like me
• Mediocre lasting power – lasts a drink and snack or a solid meal leaving a pink tinge behind
Would I repurchase/ recommend Guerlain Grenade Rouge G De Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip Colour?
Now that I am certain about the Jewel Collection, I would not repurchase the ‘Grenade 65’. Also, I am looking forward to try brighter colors from this range. I highly recommend this must try range of luxury, creamy lipsticks and ‘Grenade 65’ is safe, subdued raspberry color that you can first opt for
Although a bit heavy on your pockets, this is a must-have in your purse and a must-wear for your lips.
• Apply a transparent lip balm and use a lip liner along with a brush for better precision and finish
• Best suited for winters
• Perfect everyday office colour more so if you like the berry pink family
• Fragile bullet to be watched out for during travel or when pocketing it
• Refrigerate it along with the pouch if you notice it melting
• Even after you are done with the lipstick, the mirror could be your best handy and cute accessory
Guerlain Genna #28 Rouge G de Lipstick
Guerlain Gentiane #04 Rouge G Lipstick
Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick – #70 Gigolo
Guerlain Rouge G – #41 Gipsy
Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick – Pushy Pink
Guerlain Rouge G – #71 Girly Lipstick
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick – 121 Rouge d’enfer
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick 143 Nahema, 144 Insolence
Flower Total Package Complete Beauty Rose Gold Set
All Bobbi Brown Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches