Hi Beautiful IMBBians.. 🙂
How are you doing today? I am here to share my dream gift from IMBB, a beautiful rosy pink lipstick from Guerlain. Ever since I noticed these babies in IMBB I was dreaming of trying at least one of them and so sweet of IMBB to make my dream come true. It was really tough to choose just one lipstick out of 25 gorgeous shades in guerlain rouge automatique range. However, ditching my red love, I picked up this hot pink coralish shade “chamade.” I am already obsessed with this lipstick. So please read on further to know more about my obsession for Guerlain rouge automatique lipstick, Chamade 164. 🙂
Price: $ 36 for 0.12 Oz, exclusive of taxes & shipping fees
Ingredients: Diisostearylmalate, Polyglyceril-2 Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polydecene, Polyethylene, Phenylpropyldimethyl-Siloxysilicate, Trimethyl Penthaphenyl Trisiloxane, Ozokerite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), BHT, Propyl Gallate, [+/- Mica. CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499 (Iron Oxides). CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7, Red 7 Lake). CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake). CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue I Lake), CI 45380 (Red 21 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI75470 (Carmine).
What Does Guerlain Claims about its Product: Automatically fashionable. As Coveted as an It-bag. As Precious as a gem. As Glamorous as stilettos. Rouge Automatique is the moisturising and long-lasting “it lipstick”. It combines the radiance of a crystal pigment, the luminosity of colours and a fine, sensual texture. It glides over the lips like a second skin.
Smoothed, moisturised lips are adorned with pure, luminous and deliciously sheer colours.
packaging: As their website says, this lavish lip candy is nestled in a jewel case with a golden sheath that close with one flick. I totally loved their “automatique” concept of having today’s multitasking woman in mind; they can even operate these lipstick with one hand. Its golden jewel case is to die for; I keep on admiring guerlain embossed on case, flick and lipstick for hours & hours. But it attracts dirt and finger prints easily which needs to be taken care of. Anyways, I love its heavenly smell which is totally luxurious just like the packaging. Over all travel friendly, user friendly packaging. However, I am still learning to wear it on lips without staining edges of bullet as it is way different than any traditional bullet packaging. Hence, I often end up creating mess with its packaging… 😛
My Experience with Guerlain Rouge Automatique 164 Chamade lipstick:
I should confess I am hooked onto guerlain rouge lipstick, and after wearing this chamade on lips I don’t feel like wearing any other lipstick. 😛 My hubby is definitely fainting after reading my confession lol! Chamade seems to be a perfect gel pink shade with hints of coral which will suit almost every fair/medium skin tone. I wonder sometimes it looks a warm pink which gives a youthful glow to my face while sometimes it is more tending to be coral which compliments my skin tone. The texture of guerlain rouge seems more like gel and creamy, and I totally agree with guerlain when they say it glides over lips like second skin. I wonder I have been using creamy satin lipsticks from many possible drugstore brands, and I always swear by their textures, but this guerlain rouge automatique totally amazed me; it is totally different and way better! It glides effortlessly like gel on my lips, no matter my lips are dry or soft. I must say I never felt need of lip balm while wearing it on lips; even if it comes off I can still feel the soft charm for few good hours! It does not settles in fines lines nor it ever accentuated any issues. I can feel a natural, soft flush of color on my lips which totally compliments my look irrespective of weather. It’s exciting to know it is a universal shade which can be worn all the year round; I am loving it in winters and looking forward to wear it more often in summers as well. Coming over to the pigmentation, it gives slight juicy translucent finish on lips with medium coverage to near about opaque but not complete you know what I mean? In one swipe I can only see a sheer juicy pinkinsh coral gel tint on my lips which absolutely looks fine but it won’t work for pigmented lips. Moreover, I have few black patches on my lips hence I need at least 3-4 swipes to hide them and get nearly opaque finishing. I can still figure out my blemishes though. The best part is no matter I swipe it once or nth times it will never bleed or settle on corner of my lips. Over all, it might give a buildable coverage in 3-4 swipes on pigmented lips but then we need frequent touchups as the stain often tends to faint after a couple of hours. For the first few hours I can see a glossy, juicy translucent pinkish coral pigmentation on my lips which definitely feels like my second skin. And let me tell you when I say glossy juicy I do not mean that shining glossy effect but a very soft yet glossy juicy sheen which does not look cheap, I can feel that yes I am wearing guerlain chamade. And within 3-4 hours the glossy shine fades and I can see creamy gel pinkish stain with subtle translucency on my lips which partially covers my blemishes. Hence, I need touch up to hide my flaws. However, beauties with naturally clear lips might not require touch up for good 6-8 hours. Hence I feel it might stay as long as 6-8 hours on any normal beauty while gals with pigmented lips may need touch ups after every 3- 4 hour. It’s pretty interesting to note that it survives occasional snack & tea party for initial 4-5 hours but it may not stay long after heavy meal. No matter how long it stays on my lips, I feel soft and moisturized lips even after removing it off completely. I really thank IMBB and destiny for introducing this baby in my life, I am looking forward to explore more shades from this range in near future. I would highly recommend this shade and lipstick in general to every beautiful gal for its intense gel, hydrating texture and translucent juicy finishing which really looks natural. How effortlessly it goes on our bare skin wow, we can wear it as lip tint or build it up to desired coverage how cool is that! If you ever get to reward yourself, get yourself guerlain rouge automatique especially if you love multitasking, they are worth it!
Pros of Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick Chamade 164
• An automatically fashionable packaging which opens with one flick, a must have gem for today’s multitasking super women.
• Gorgeous 25 shades to choose from.
• This particular shade chamade is a must have pink/coral for all fair/medium skin tone gals.
• It instantly decreases years from face and gives youthful glow all over.
• Totally swear by guerlain claim, this lipstick glides on lips like second skin.
• The texture is really creamy-gel, moisturizing and pigmented .
• Love the way it effortlessly glide on lips, truly natural finish.
• It gives a buildable coverage in 3-4 swipes though it may not hide stubborn blemishes completely
• Its one swipe gives enough tint and juicy sheen to lips. However, it might not suit pigmented lips.
• In 3-4 swipes it gives intense color pay off with that unique gel-like sheer transparency and creamy sheen which is totally unique in itself; only guerlain lovers would understand the difference I believe.
• As long as it stays on lips, skin feels hydrated and nourished with natural flush of color.
• It does not settle in fine lines nor does it bleed no matter how many times I swipe it on my lips.
• It stays for as long as 6-8 hours normally without traditional meal just light snacks and occasional tea/coffee
• It does leaves subtle pink stain after heavy meals and rinsing off, which is pretty fine for natural light lips but I need touch up to hide flaws.
• Even if it comes off completely I can feel soft & moisturized lips for a few good hours.
• Totally price worthy and drool worthy packaging, could not expect more than this.
Cons of Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick Chamade 164
• I am not sure about whole range but this particular shade may not work as good for pigmented lips as it works on non pigmented lips in terms of staying power and buildable coverage over all.
• It does transfers and stains cups/glass/ my baby’s cheeks very often.
I could not complaint more as I am just loving it besides minor cons. I should not say that it’s a complete nay for pigmented lips as it partially hides blemishes and gives buildable coverage in 3-4 swipes but I am sure guerlain must have other great options for pigmented lips as well. Personally, I am drooling over its red-based and other pink-based lipsticks and my finger are crossed for another gem in my messy stash! Just try it out, it’s truly a dream gift.. 🙂