As Keats has rightly said – “A thing of beauty is a joy forever.” No doubt that a romantic poet like him only could write something as impressive and true as this line reflects. We too realize the validity of the statement centuries after, when we feel the intense urge to look young and beautiful, always. However, there are some habits which can ruin your youthful glow and make your skin age faster. It is important to identify these habits and avoid indulging the same to ensure that your skin does not age fast. Wondering which are those habits that age you faster? Here is an article that will help you know the top ten ones:
10 Habits That Age Your Skin Faster:
1. Lack of sun protection- Often we tend to underestimate the damaging effects that the UV rays of the sun may have. We are lazy enough to skip using sunscreen and then, foolish enough to consider taking an umbrella to be detrimental to our style quotient. However, prolonged exposure to the sun would result in patchy look, dry skin, appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin. So, sunscreen with high SPF and an umbrella are really must-haves whenever we step out.
2. Living a sedentary life- Regular exercises are good for your health as well as for your entire appearance. Exercises help to tone the muscles, make the skin look firm and increase blood circulation. So, if you remain a couch potato and lead an extremely inactive life, you tend to age faster.
3. Avoiding meditation and yoga- Actually yoga and meditation help you to get rid of stress by calming down your mind and keeping your soul, body and mind in a balanced state. Automatically, your skin looks fresh and young. However, if you avoid yoga and meditation altogether, you become more prone to stress and naturally, you remain aloof from the anti-aging benefits.
4. Smoking- Whether you love to puff cigarette smoke yourself or you let your skin absorb the ill-effects of passive smoking, the fact remains that your skin is at danger. The smoke of cigarettes spurs the process of aging as your skin gets dry, depleted of Vitamin C and becomes prone to getting wrinkles.
5. Drinking alcohol- Alcohol consumption is an extremely bad habit, just like smoking. Never let it grown in you if you want to avoid health complications and premature aging. Cut down alcohol intake to keep your skin glowing and young.
6. Lack of adequate sleep- It is important that you sleep at least 8 hours every day. Avoid being a nocturnal creature and go to bed in time. If you ignore the significance of sleep, you end up having dark circles, tired looking eyes, puffy eye bags and all these together, you look no more the young woman you are.
7. Not drinking enough water- Water is the best gift of nature which is absolutely free of cost. Drink loads of water to keep your skin plump and hydrated. Your body would be free from toxins and your skin would look forever young.
8. Intense love for fast food items- Fast food items, with the high level of trans-fats play an important role in adding years to your skin and health. Zits pop up, face feels greasy, cell metabolism is affected, digestive system is ruined and your skin feels old. Hence, avoid fast food, processed food and aerated drinks at all costs.
9. Not taking the right food- Your skin shows what you eat. If you avoid having fruits, vegetables, nuts and an anti-oxidant rich diet, your skin doesn’t get the nourishment it deserves. What happens as a result? You get leathery dull skin and the free-radicals wreck havoc on your skin. In short, your skin starts to get a flavor of premature aging. Moreover, crash diets too are a strict no-no. If you want youthful skin, eat the right kind of food, have lots of Vitamins and Proteins, eat a balanced diet and let your skin benefit naturally.
10. Skipping the right skincare programs- Most of the times, we tend to become lazy. We want to look good and yet hate the idea of investing some time in maintaining skin health. Cleansing, toning, scrubbing and moisturizing should be there in your regular skincare program. Get skincare products from reputed brands suited for your skin type. Once in a while, treat your face with natural anti-oxidant masks, hydrating masks and complexion clearing masks. Try to avoid the use of face-washes and other products that contain parabens and SLS. Go for natural alternatives. Always remember to remove makeup before going to sleep.
Now, that you know the habits that age your faster, make sure that you do exactly the opposite of what the pointers say. In short, use proper sun protection, don’t live a sedentary life, go for yoga and meditation, don’t smoke, avoid alcohol at all costs, get adequate sleep, drink enough water, refrain from fast food, eat fruits and vegetables and never forget a proper skin care regimen to delay skin ageing.
Exercises for Reducing Cellulite
Yoga Exercises During Pregnancy
8 Benefits of Pilates Exercises
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Body Stretching Exercises
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
5 Legs Exercises for Thighs, Hips and Calves
Cardio Training Exercises
Post Pregnancy Abdominal Exercises
Exercises to Get Rid of Arm Flab
6 Exercises to Remove Saddlebags
24 thoughts on “10 Habits That Age Your Skin Faster”
I do most of the things mentioned above but i feel really lazy when it comes to exercise and meditation but nw i’ll try to follow this as well!!!! btw very nice article thnx 4 sharing 🙂
LOL….even me parvi…. so, i prefer brisk walks and climbing stairs to regular exercises..hehehe
zzzzzzzzz adequately is all i do, I want to be regular with exercise. 🙁
i feel most f us do them except exercise, meditation and smetimes sleep 😛
mm..o god…sleep..that is something i dont get much
Dats a big prob these days Reshma…esp with our hectic lifestyle..
I heard massaging sags young skin.I’m 23 and I had to opt for facial due to some really bad acne few months back and now I’ve to continue the facials. But some of my friends said that massaging during facial makes skin prone to wrinkles. Is it true?
err….anything n extreme isnt good dear…gentle massages are very much needed and i dont think it sags the skin…in fact, facials help n skin firming..
thank u Ila…
I am so guilty of being a nocturnal creature! 🙁
Superb post sweetie 🙂
me too, borderline insomniac 😐
Namita and Aarbee…..i too used to be….bt now im improving… 😛
I am a victim of passive smoking. My best friend is a smoker and I am the only one who is okay being around her when she smokes… so 🙁
Ramya…bt ur skin may not be okay….and ur lungs too…and unfortunately hers as well…
So, be ur frnd’s best frnd and persuade her to quit smoking for the benefit of both f u.. 😀
Waking up early in the morning for exercises is such a pain but now I have to be regular. Nice post Somreeta 🙂
Thanks Manisha…in fact, waking up early for any reason whatsoever is a pain 😛
Naaaiiice post…I guess most of us know these things, but it always helps to jolt our memories…and more importantly our conscience 😛
Other than drink gallons of water and exercise, I dont think I do any of the other things 🙁
those r the two best things u already do my dear…and im sure u wil catch up with the others verrrrrrrrry soon.. 😀
so going to follow each one of them. Awweeesome post somreeta….as always. :))
cant do meditation or yoga!!! 😐 But guess should do that could compensate on my sleep. hihihih 😛
Thanks a lot Rati…..and sleeping toh is the best habit possible…bestest…hiihihihi
Are there any capsules which can improve my skin tone get back my tone–my skin looks very dull and yellowish i dunt get 8 hours sleep due to kid –work –and home–please suggest something—my face started showing age–doesnt glow at all 🙁
OMG I Like Your Articles Dear Good Job I Like yout Website Thanks For Sharing Post Good Job 🙂