So, winters are finally here! As gorgeous as this time of the year may be, the winter season can be quite harsh on our skin, irrespective of skin type. This is why it is all the more important to really take care of your skin during this season. Along with switching up your skincare and makeup essentials to go with the weather conditions, you must also make sure to drink enough water, use sunscreen regularly and eat clean to keep skin soft and supple. In this post, we also list down 9 hacks to combat dull, dry skin and achieve that gorgeous winter glow this season! Let’s take a look at these 9 easy tips that can give your skin that much-needed radiant glow.
1. Exfoliate Skin Twice a Week: In winters, it becomes all the more important to exfoliate skin to clear dead skin and prevent dry patches from showing up. Exfoliating also helps hydrating serums and other products to penetrate deeper and lock in moisture. Regular exfoliation also purifies pores and sloughs off dead skin cells. You can either opt for physical scrubs or chemical exfoliators AHAs (alpha hyroxy acids) to reveal the glow from beneath.
2. Never Skip the Moisturizer: Do we even need to mention this – every skin needs a moisturizer – no matter what your skin type, no matter what the season. Even oily skin tends to get extremely dry and patchy, so never skip the moisturizer. Here’s an amazing tip – moisturize your skin while it’s still wet to lock in hydration and moisture. If you have oily, acne-prone skin, here’s a list of “50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin.”
3. Pick a Good Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Hyaluronic acid is a star ingredient and is widely used in skincare products because this acid moisturizes skin deeply, diminishes the appearance of fine lines, and makes skin supple. Hyaluronic acid can draw moisture from air and keep your skin moist. No matter what your skin type, hyaluronic acid is suitable for everyone, and the best thing is that one can use it in daytime as well as night-time routine. Do check out “16 Best Hyaluronic Acid Products for Soft and Supple Skin.”
4. Mix your Bronzer and Blush Together: If you thought that bronzer wasn’t meant for Indian skin tones or that it was only meant to give you a summer glow, then think again. Using the right shade of bronzer can really give your skin that boost of health this winter. You can mix your blush and bronzer together and apply it to your cheeks. This will give you that flush of colour as well as the glow and instantly revive the radiance of your skin.
5. Add a Drop of Facial Oil to your Foundation: This tip is increasingly gaining popularity because this hack does manage to add glow on the skin – all you need is a drop (or maybe two) of your preferred facial oil (rosehip, jojoba oil are some popular choices) and mix this in with the amount of foundation you normally use on your face. This will lend you the most gorgeous, radiant glow and you will find that your foundation will simply glide onto your skin. It will also prevent the foundation from clinging on any dry patches. Moreover, it will feel extremely comfortable and lightweight on the skin all day long.
6. Use a Hydrating and/or Illuminating Primer: If you want your foundation to sit on your skin smoothly and last all day long, then a good primer is all you need. However, switch up those mattifying primers for a hydrating or illuminating one in the winter season. This will plump up your skin and give it that instant glow, making your foundation last longer and look better all through the day. Our recommendation: ELF Illuminating Face Primer, Wet n Wild Photofocus Face Primer Dewy.
7. Use your Lipstick as a Blush: It’s always better to use a cream product over a powder product in the winter season. And we all know the role that blush plays in giving us that radiant healthy glow. So, if you don’t have a cream blush handy, then using your favourite cream lipstick as a blush is a great idea. Not only is this a great way to use one product in two ways, but also getting your blush colour to complement that of your lipstick will instantly make your skin look more radiant and healthy.
8. Add a Vitamin C serum to your skincare routine: Finally, here’s a little skincare tip that can go a long way in giving you that natural radiant glow. Vitamin C serums are known to give your skin that youthful glow. All you need to do is invest a vitamin C serum of your choice and make sure to apply it every night before using your moisturizer. You’ll start seeing the difference very soon! Also, here’s how you can make your own vitamin C serum at home.
9. Get the Glow with Highlighter: Make use of your liquid highlighter by mixing it up with regular foundation.
It’s all about making some small changes in your makeup and skincare routine to get that gorgeous glow this winter!