I’m sure that almost everybody goes to the parlour to get waxing done. One fine day, I gave a thought about why can’t I do waxing at home. Instantly, I googled and came up with certain ingredients. I was so happy that the result was perfect!! The wax was made exactly the way we get in the parlours. Now, let’s see how to make wax at home in this step-by-step tutorial.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
(This measurement is sufficient to prepare a quantity that is enough for waxing your legs).
- Sugar – 3 cups.
- Water – 1/2 cup.
- Lemon Juice/Vinegar – 1/4 cup.
If you want some sweet smell, you can add any aroma oil.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
- Take the sugar in a saucepan and add water just to immerse it. Do not add much water as it will take more time for it to transform into wax.
- Keep the flame in medium and stir occasionally until the sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Now, add lemon juice/vinegar and keep stirring till a wax-like consistency is reached.
- This would take around fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Once the required consistency is reached, take the wax from the saucepan and let it cool to the room temperature.
How To Use Homemade Wax?
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Now, before we start waxing, make sure the place to be waxed is washed with warm water. Pat it dry with a towel.
- Now, sit in a place which is comfortable for you. Spread a newspaper and keep the waxing strips. If you don’t have waxing strips, you can use any old cloth which is tight and rough, for example portions of old jeans or an old towel. Make sure that it is stiff enough to sit on the wax, it shouldn’t be like a handkerchief.
- Keep the wax and a blunt knife for application of the wax.
- Keep some water close by in case the hot wax causes a burn.
- Keep a moisturizing cream or aloe vera gel ready.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Directions For Use:
- Apply the wax with the help of a blunt knife. Make sure the wax is not too hot. So, be careful about the temperature of the wax.
- Now, keep the waxing strip/old cloth over the wax and press it slowly.
- Now, remove the strip/cloth in the direction opposite to the hair growth.
- It will pain if you remove it slowly, so be quick in removing.
- Initially, it will pain a little, but be patient and quick with removing the strips.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
- You can apply this wax on areas like underarms, bikini line, thighs.
- I don’t suggest application of this wax on other private areas of your body.
- After waxing is done, apply any moisturizing lotion or even aloe vera gel. I personally feel that aloe vera is the best after waxing as it soothes the waxed area.
- I repeatedly keep saying, not to apply the wax when it is really hot. It needs to cool down to the room temperature. At the same time, it shouldn’t become cold too. If it becomes cold, it is so difficult to spread the wax evenly.
- If the wax becomes cold, don’t panic. Once again pour the wax in the sauce pan and stir on low flame for three to four minutes.
Your homemade wax is ready!! You can make this whenever you feel lazy to go to the parlour. If you are just like me who likes to make lots of homemade beauty stuff, you can bravely go ahead with this process. You can even prepare some wax earlier and heat it when you need them. You can store this in your refrigerator. Do not keep this in the freezer compartment as it will be too difficult to melt it down! I’m sure your skin will feel soft similar to when you visit a parlour!
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
Nair Facial Hair Removal Cream
Veet Suprem’ Essence Hair Removal Cream
VI John Hair Removal Cream – Lime
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
Hip Hop Skin Care Facial Wax Strips
Manicure and Pedicure at Home
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
Skin Polishing at Home: Body Scrub
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
How To Do Nail Art at Home
Threading: How to Thread your Eyebrows at Home
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne