How To Use Hair Wax
Hair wax is a much talked about styling product these days. I wasn’t much aware of what it is and so, I wanted to find out what it is all about and how it is to be used. I researched for quite a few days and whatever information I gathered is going to be the content of this article of mine. I am sure you too want to find out more about hair wax and how to use hair wax, and so, I wanted to write this article to share it with you!
What is Hair Wax?
It is a product for styling hair and it has a thick consistency. It helps to hold the hair and since it is quite supple, unlike hair styling gels which mostly contain alcohol, hair wax does not dry your hair out. Some of the most common ingredients contained in hair wax are Beeswax, Castor Wax, Lanolin, Emulsifying Wax, Carnauba Wax, Japan Wax and Candelilla Wax. It may also contain other customized components which hair stylists include while making their own recipes of hair wax.
How To Use Hair Wax: Choosing and Styling
- It is important that you lay your hands on the right kind of wax. Have a look at the label and find out the control number. Soft hair wax with lesser control has lower number while the one with greater control has a higher rating. According to the standards of hair styling industry, the one with a scale ‘1’ has the least style control factor while the one with ‘10’ has the most.
- Want to spike short hair? Take a dollop of wax and rub your palms together, apply by running your fingers through moist hair, which has just been washed. Form spikes and let your hair dry naturally.
• Suppose your hair was permed and the permed look has started wilting away. All you need to do is to wash your hair, towel dry it, take some hair wax on your palms, rub it and crumple the perms back in shape by using your hands. It is better to concentrate on the tips of your hair while styling.
Want a frivolous look? When your hair is dry, take a small amount of wax between your palms and apply on hair, separating small strands on hair and then chunking it.
How To Use Hair Wax: Application Procedure
A little wax is sufficient for styling purpose. Scoop out a bit from the container and spread the wax evenly across your fingers so that the wax is evenly distributed on all the finger tips.
• Place a hand under your hair shaft and then, run your fingers through the fringes. Actually, the fringes should be sandwiched between one hand and the fingers of the other hand. Then, the wax is to the wiped on the bangs.
• Now, its time to manipulate your hair fringes. Do what you want. You may bend, straighten or even make spikes!
How To Use Hair Wax: Tips
- It is important that you spread the hair wax throughout your hair.
- Use only as much wax as required, else your hair would look limp.
- If you happen to use less wax than what is needed, the styling of your hair wouldn’t be under control.
- It is advised to avoid scalp while applying hair wax.
- You may get a greasy feeling, especially if you have oily hair and scalp, after applying hair wax.
- Wash off your hair at the end of the day. It is very important to remove hair wax after the purpose is served.
- Certain kinds of hair wax like hair relaxers need to be removed by experts.
- While washing the wax away, use a shampoo which does not contain wax.
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Hair Color: More on Hair Coloring
Sunsilk Hair Fall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Rose Water for Hair Care
8 Quick Hair Care Tips
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
My Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Hair Care Tips for Color-Treated Hair
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
6 Steps to a Happy Head
24 thoughts on “How To Use Hair Wax”
Nice article Somreeta 🙂 I love all ur articles, kaha kaha se dund kar lati hu amazing articles 🙂
awww…thank you Shruti! this appreciation itself is my reward 🙂 🙂
good article dear…I always wondered what is hair wax…now ur article answered all my questions….excellent!
im glad Renji my article could do that 🙂 thank you sooo much
I had no idea about hair wax..wow! thanks for the info!
u welcome Parita 🙂
Thanx a lot….i really dnt knw abt dis before readin ur article….good
hey som.. saw this a few days back in a store and was wondering what could it be.. your article has answered all my queries
o gurpreet…nice to know my article could…thanx 🙂 *happy*
i always wanted to knw abt hair wax……. thanks fr sharing Somreeta 🙂 nice article!!
u welcome Nats 🙂
hey seriously folkss!!. IMBB is so cool becos of articles like this. wasnt aware of what Hair wax was and thanks to you Somretta now I do.
thanks Aruna….u guys and ur appreciation s like my inspiration 🙂 everytime my articles come, i feel so xcited abt the comments that follow 🙂
Brilliant article, Somreeta. I love the kind of topics that you write about- stuff that lesser mortals have no idea about! 😀 Hair wax sounds superb. I am going to get my hands on a tub soon now.
LOL…’lesser mortals’?????????? Hehehehe….seriosly dats such innovation! thanx dear 🙂 even i was a ‘lesser mortal’ till few days back…til i researched! 😛
super awesome article somreeta. totally did not ahve an idea about it. i feel so educated now. 😀
hahahaha…thank you Rati!! 😀
loved the article but i loved the models too.. 😀
thank you dear 🙂
Had no ideaa regarding hair wax nice write up Somreeta
Thanks Somreeta, very informative.