WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Handbags are the most important accessory that we carry. Like our clothes our handbags too can make or break our image. I have always been a sucker for handbags. Big, small, colourful, I have them all. Shape and colour is what I looked for whenever I wanted to buy a handbag for myself.
One day while shopping in a mall I came across a very stylish handbag. While I was admiring myself in a mirror, with that beauty on my shoulder, I saw a sales assistance looking at me in horror. The look she was giving made me ask for her opinion. It was then I was introduced to the relation between body shapes and handbags.
Never mind the fashion, choose a bag shape that is opposite to your body type. Here are few pointers that I found out.
Bags for Tall and Thin:
• Most of the size looks good on you but, try to opt for big bags.
• Avoid small bags as they will make you look even taller and thinner.
• Choose handbags with round shapes. Hobo or slouch style bags are good options.
• You can carry bright bold colours with ease.
Bags for Small and Plump:
• Avoid big bags as they will make you look fatter.
• Never choose bags which end at your waist if you do not want to look like a balloon. It will highlight your flabby areas and make you look shorter.
• Opt for purses if you have big breasts, hips and thighs.
• If big handbags are your necessity than stick to browns, beiges and blacks. These colours won’t stand out and make the bag look insignificant.
• Choose small bags with great prints, colours and embellishments.
• A low-slung tote with long shoulder handle can add height to short or small person’s appearance.
Bags for Wide Shoulders:
• AVOID WIDE BAGS.
• Opt for bags which have long straps and are narrow in shape.
• Long shape bags will also look good as they will balance the shape of your shoulder.
• Women with wide shoulders and narrow hips should choose a bag that are narrow and hit the hip line.
• Avoid bags with sharp edges.
Bags for Fat women:
• Medium size bags will look best on you.
• Bags with wider straps and medium length will look flattering on them.
Bags for Pear shaped women:
• Rectangular medium-sized structured bags will look great.
• You must choose a bag that has short strap and is close to your bustline. This will divert the attention from your wide hips.
Bags for Busty women:
Longer straps in a bag will divert attention from your bust. Avoid small bags though.
Also keep in mind to
• Match the formality, satin works for formal, but not casual.
• Relate the colours of your bag and your outfit. Choose colours that don’t clash to provide an accent colour.
• Relate the size of the bag with the purpose, day bags are larger than evening bags.
Hope these points will help you next time you go shopping for a handbag.
Different Types Of Handbags – Which one would you pick?
Top Handbags Brands- 1
Bags Trend : HandBags for Summers 2011
Handbag: Top Women Handbags Brands- 2
Women Hand Bags: Does Size Really Matter?
Body Type: Different Body Shapes!
Select Perfect Coat for your Body Type
Handbags and your Body Shape
Jeans: How To Select Jeans For Your Body Type
Jeans: How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
Skirts for Your Body Type