Beautiful hands get same attention as a beautiful face. Well at least this is what I feel. Clean, moisturised and soft hands are a must for me. Dry, wrinkled and veiny hands can mar one’s well groomed image. Hands reveal your true age; if you don’t care for them they will tell everyone what you are trying to hide.
Keeping our hands well groomed and younger-looking does not take much time or money. Preventive measures are your best bet for maintaining younger-looking hands.
Tips for younger looking hands:
• Wash with a mild cleanser: Keep your hands clean. Wash them with a gentle cleanser that will not dry the skin further. Check the ingredients on the cleanser to make sure it is alcohol-free. Never use harsh soaps to clean your hands, just be as gentle to them as you are to your face.
• Don’t forget to moisturize: Dab a little lotion or a hand cream onto your hands after each wash. Pure jojoba oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter are superb natural moisturizers. Every night before going to bed, massage your hands with olive oil. The active ingredients of olive oil will retain the lost moisture. Wear cotton gloves and leave the oil on your hand overnight. When you wake up, you will find your skin smooth and soft.
• Exfoliate: Use an exfoliant once a week to remove dead skin. Be gentle on your hands. You can make a mild scrub at home by grinding 1 cup of uncooked oats into fine powder. Gently massage your hands with this powder to remove dead skin cells. Apply a thin layer of hand cream after rinsing your hands. Reapply hand cream after couple of minutes to soften skin. You can also mix together some granulated sugar and fresh lime juice. Apply this paste onto the hands and allow the mixture to work on the skin for a minute or so. Rinse your hands and pat your hands dry. Apply a good hand cream after doing so. The sugar will exfoliate the skin’s surface and the lime juice will reduce dark spots.
• Apply sunscreen: The skin of your hands is even thinner than the skin on your face. The harmful UV rays of sun can cause much damage on them. Never step out without applying sunscreen on your hands.
• Wearing gloves is important: Always wear gloves to protect your hands while washing the dishes or doing any task that requires dipping the hands in water. Wearing vinyl gloves, not latex or rubber, keeps your hands safe from coarse materials.
• Pay attention to nail hygiene too: Get a manicure done once every month to get your dry cuticles removed properly. But as the saying goes that excess of every thing is bad, manicures too can cause damage or even infection to our nails. Women who frequent the nail salon may find themselves left with brittle nails. So limit your visits.
• Cosmetic treatments: some cosmetic treatments like chemical peels and fat injections can also be considered to maintain the beauty of hands.
10 Tips to Treat Cracked and Callused Hands
The Body Shop Soft Hands Kind Heart Hand Cream Review
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
How to Keep Your Hand Beautiful and Soft
My 6 Hand Care Products for Winter
Fab India Lemon Intensive Hand Cream Review
Does Age Difference Matter in a Relationship or Marriage