WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Health & Glow Aloe and Chamomile Body Scrub
There are some products which hide on the shelf and sit there waiting when the master will use and appreciate them. 🙂 This product falls into that category. The scrub was lying on my shelf for so long waiting for the tbs Satsuma body polish to finish that it actually slipped my mind. Last month when my tbs sbp got finished I was planning on purchasing the pink grapefruit body scrub however its then I noticed this little jar and gave it a try
What it claims-
A gentle body scrub which soothes and improves complexion for all skin types of skin and improves tissue generation. This contains vitamins and minerals which makes the skin cool.
Directions for use-
Apply liberally and massage gently onto the skin as often required
Water, glycerin, almond oil, vitamin e, sesame oil, walnut scrub, aloe Vera extracts and chamomile essential oil
Price and quantity- rs 99 for 75 ml
Though it is a body scrub I tried it for face too. Coming back to the review
- Love the small walnut scrub particles! absolutely gentle with the skin
- The skin feels smooth as the product claims
- I like the ingredients put into the product… all are very effective natural moisturizers and soothing agents, didn’t get any allergy or redness which sometimes I face with the Satsuma body polish
- It also can be used for all skin types as claimed even for people with oily skin for the body
- The price too is worth the quantity
- When I rinsed off the scrub it did not leave a greasy film
- It did help in improve complexion but then every scrub will do that cause we are removing the dull and dead skin away, however I felt that the skin was looking more shiny and smooth in light
- The smell is a little weird. A little like some after shave lotion but of cheap quality. That kind of smell. however the smell does not remain on the skin for more than five mins after rinsing
- When I used it for the face the granules were small and worked very well for the facial skin too
- I used it for the feet and it was like a nice scrub for them too… however did not feel the cool part as mentioned on the label.
- The jar packaging of the product makes it a little unhygienic as it has to b scooped out every time it is used
- The smell is a weird sort as mentioned above however its not that over whelming and does not linger on after 5 mins
- With the quantity I could b over with the scrub in 2 – 3 uses for the body
- When I used it for the face it was a little greasy for me, hence people with normal to dry skin can try it out for face too.
Overall a pretty decent product which is budget friendly worth the quantity and safe for all skin types too… :-*:-*:-* from me… Have cut one star for the jar and one for the smell… health and glow have a lot more bath and body range which will review soon…
Something about frequently asked questions regarding body scrubs-
What exactly is a Body Scrub?
A body scrub is a suspension of coarse granules (apricot, walnut, oatmeal, sea salt) in a semi-liquid medium or gel (often resembling the consistency of body butter or a moisturizing lotion).
What are the benefits of a Body Scrub?
A body scrub will actually help to remove all the dead skin off your body and expose a supple layer of younger skin, making you feel fresh and rejuvenated. A body scrub is the best way to remove a skin tan. If your skin had become rough and has darkened due to pollution or exposure to dust, you can use a body scrub to remove the rough skin layer leaving you with a soft and supple skin.
What are the Applications of a Body Scrub?
A body scrub is generally used in a complete spa treatment, which involves the use of an exfoliating body scrub and is followed by a hydrating body wrap to nourish the skin and keep it fresh and supple. In case you are not going for the beauty treatment at a spa, you can use a body scrub while having your bath and exfoliate your skin.
How Often Can I Use a Body Scrub?
Do not use the body scrub too often because frequent scrubbing can damage the young skin layer once the dead skin is off the body surface. You can use a body scrub once in a week or two. Also remember to use a very gentle body scrub in case you have a dry skin. Also be very careful during winters when too much of scrubbing can damage the already dry skin.
What are the Options Available While Choosing a Body Scrub?
The established brands have their standardized versions of body scrubs ranging from sea salt, cranberry, strawberry, oat and sugar scrubs to the more premium almond, walnut, apricot chocolate and coffee scrubs. You can either buy a body scrub or make one for yourself at home.
Until next time keep scrubbing (but not 2 much) 🙂
Love and light
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap Review
- The Body Shop Satsuma Bath and Bloome Kit Review
- The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish Review