WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This New Year’s, my resolution has been to switch over to healthy drinks. Considering the therapeutic and medicinal benefits of herbal tea, it is of small wonder that many tea lovers like me are switching to this refreshing natural treat.
The tea that we commonly drink is black tea, which is obtained by dried camellia leaves. It has more caffeine and definitely not good for our health on the other hand, Herbal teas can be prepared with fresh or dried flowers, leaves, seeds or roots of many plants like ginger, lemon etc.
Though available in tea packets, one can prepare herbal tea easily at home.
Being rich in Vitamins and minerals, herbal tea can be a source of relief during PMS, stomach ailments, nausea, heart burn, conjunctivitis, acne, tooth ache bad breath and the list goes on and on.
One can reap many benefits from herbal tea, on the basis of following properties:
1. Immunity boost: Our immune system helps us fight infections. It gives us the strength to survive attacks on our cells. Herbal Tea helps in the generation of white blood cells which are also called as the fighter cells of our body.
2. Anti-oxidant Properties: Anti oxidants are substances which inhibit oxidation and thereby protect our cells from the damage caused by free radicals formed during the process of oxidation. Free radicals are generally responsible for cancer, coronary heart diseases and even altitude sickness. Also anti oxidants prevent ageing, so welcome herbal tea and bye –bye wrinkles.
3. Relaxation of body: Chamomile, which is a natural sedative, is present in herbal tea. Consumption of herbal tea relaxes your mind. They are perfect to perk you up on a dull day.
4. General well being: A cuppa of herbal tea could help you concentrate, digest, calm you and sooth your headache. It also has cleansing effect on skin.
5. Detoxification: Herbal tea helps us flush out toxins with leads to natural weight loss. As a clean system, helps in proper metabolism. This tea is therefore also referred as slimming tea.
Taking in consideration, so many benefits and types of herbal tea, it gets confusing to take your pick. I suggest you to choose your beverage, keeping in mind not just your taste but also herbal remedy to ailment whose cure you are looking for. And, why just beverage? Herbal tea could also be used as face pack, moisturiser and lip balm.
Due to the anti-oxidant property, green tea extract also finds it’s application as sunscreen.
Boil basil leaves in water for 15 min. Let it cool. Apply the connation on face with the help of cotton. Apply twice, it not just helps get rid of acne and blackheads but also makes the skin soft and smooth.
Here are few types of herbal tea which are found commonly in kitchen tops at home:
This would help you cleanse your system as well as help you fight PMS blues.
1. 1 teaspoon dried dandelion leaves
2. 1 cup water.
Bring the water to a boil, toss in your leaves and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and serve with your choice of lemon, mint, honey or orange juice.
This can be really helpful to people who complain of bloating or suffering fom IBS.
3. 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds.
4. 1 cup water.
Boil the seeds in one cup water. Remove from flame. Strain and serve.
If you wish, you can also add aniseeds.
1. 1.5 inch ginger root(fresh)
2. 2 tablespoon fresh peppermint leaves
3. 1 cup water.
Boil water along with ginger root and peppermint leaves. Remove from heat. Let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and serve.
4. 10 lemon leaves
5. 1 cup water.
Bring the water to a boil, toss in your leaves and let it steep for 5 minutes. Let it cool for some time. Strain and serve.