Exfoliating scrubs are a good way to keep our skin smooth and squeaky clean and also remove dead skin and blackheads. They work to a certain extent if used regularly but not too often because at the end of the day, they are a little abrasive – some more than others, but this one is a little more smoother and gentler on skin compared to other drugstore scrubs I have used before.
Keep reading to know more about it.
Evens skin and clear away blackheads and dead skin cells. This rich, deep cleansing facial exfoliating scrub with Propolis contains crystalline beads that readily dissolve during regular use and can be used for all skin types. It leaves skin clear, even and smooth.
Ingredients: Sea Salt, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cornflour, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Beeswax, Laureth-4, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, PEG-45/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Isopropyl Myristate, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Lecithin, Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance.
Price: $23 for 2.20 oz
My Experience with Hey Honey Come Clean! Propolis & Minerals Facial Scrub:
I don’t use scrub that often since I don’t have obvious blackheads and I don’t like unnecessarily subjecting my skin to such harsh abrasive treatment; having said that, I do use scrubs once in two to three weeks and of all the scrubs that I have used in past, this particular scrub is the best.
Packaging: The product comes in a white plastic tube with a twist up cap. It had usual writing and description as most of the skin care products.
Fragrance: It has a citrus fragrance – as if one added tangerine essential oil to it. I love the smell – natural and free of artificial alcoholic smells.
Texture: It feels abrasive and harsh because of the presence of sea salt; however, it is gentle on skin and easy to spread and move around.
Usage (here is the most important section):
• Wet your face with lukewarm water.
• Take a pea size product and spread it on face.
• Scrub the cheeks in upward circular motion for at least 30 seconds to a minute.
• Scrub forehead from center to outward, nose bridge in downward circular motion, neck in circular downward motion.
• Do this process for a good few minutes and then wash face with lukewarm water and ensure no grits are left on face – this process might take a while since face scrubs tend to stick more than face wash and no matter what, few stubborn grits are always left behind.
• It’s better to follow this process with a face pack to close open pores and ensure blackheads don’t creep up again.
Pros of Hey Honey Come Clean! Propolis & Minerals Facial Scrub:
• Travel-friendly packaging.
• Good at exfoliating skin.
• Not very abrasive and is gentle on face.
• Perfect for acne prone skin.
• Leaves skin clean and moisturized.
• Pleasant tangerine smell.
• Effective if used regularly.
• Easily available online and in stores.
• Love the ingredient list.
Cons of Hey Honey Come Clean! Facial Scrub With Propolis & Minerals:
• Bit expensive.
• Can’t think of anything else.
IMBB Rating: 4.9/5
Would I Repurchase Hey Honey Come Clean! Propolis & Minerals Facial Scrub? I love this product but since it is so pricey I won’t buy it again, rather I would make it at home and it would work just the same. Will share it with the readers on IMBB.
Conclusion: I love this product – in plain simple words. It is a bit pricey but does what it claims. I love the list of ingredients and the best part it feels like a homemade scrub with no artificial foaming agents added to it. It also has moisturizing properties and hence leaves skin clean and moisturized at the same time. This product is definitely worth a try, and busy and lazy people with lots of cash on hand should buy this product and enjoy its benefits.
Homemade Face Scrubs With Fruits
10 Homemade Facial Scrubs
Homemade Papaya and Oats Face and Body Scrub
6 Homemade Facial Scrubs for Sensitive Skin
Green Tea Face Scrub: Do It Yourself
Homemade Scrub For Underarms: Do It Yourself
St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub Review
Best Body Scrubs Available in India
Lotus Herbals WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub Review
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner Review